Asus V6600 Poor Picture Quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus V6600 Poor Picture Quality

I am running an asus V6600 card in my Computer and attempting to do some video editing with it. I have a Hi8 camera hooked up to the s-vid port and the RCA jack from the camera out to my TV monitor so I can see a comparison on the picture quality and what a difference. The TV monitor quality is great but the picture on the computer monitor was dark with noticeable lines across the screen not even worth spending my time trying to capture and edit.I cannot find anything out from Asus. Looks like Im ready to Turf it if I cannot find a fix.

Any help on this would be appreciated.
    Thanks

I don't have an Asus card but I've seen similar weirdness with my Marvels and my Sony Hi8 cam. The problem turned out to be low signal strength from the cams output amp.

This could just as easily be caused by a high resistance in the cable, low charge on the battery (an excellent reason to use the power pack instead when capturing) or lousy input amps on the Asus card itself.

I fixed my problem with a video procamp (mine: Elite Video BVP4+ video processor) or preamp that has S-Video I/O. IF you have an SVHS deck you could also try feeding the signal through it as some have preamps built into their output stage.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
    X