a little utility for TV-Out Standard switching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a little utility for TV-Out Standard switching

i wrote utility to switch between PAL and NTSC.

it's more handy than surf through many dialogs of Display Settings.

it requires pdtools.dll from current using driver.

put this utility to PDesk dir (c:\windows\system32\pdesk) or copy pdtools.dll to where mtxtvout.exe lies.

mtxtvout may switch standard by two ways

1) visually

2) by command line switches:
    /P - switch to PAL
    /N - switch to NTSC
    /S - switch to opposite standard PAL<->NTSC

It usefull when you saw many DVD with different standards..

this is cool! thx for the util!

Are you by any chance considering to implement 16:9/4:3 mode switching for DVD-MAX?

being able to bind a shortcut key to the PAL/NTSC mode switching and 16:9/4:3 mode switching would improve the usability a lot!
    Last edited by dZeus; 13 January 2003, 17:50.

Comment

are you using two TVs?

if you're using only one TV then Matrox properly zooms both aspects 16:9 and 4:3...

you need setup aspect ratio of your TV-Set only once
      i can't imagine when you need switch it..

can you explain why?

btw: binding PAL/NTSC switch to Remote Control (as i done) is much handy
      Last edited by Saar; 13 January 2003, 19:00.

Comment

update! v1.01

added switch /R - reinintialization of TV-out.

use link from first posting

this is usefull when matrox connected through RGB-out and lost synchro after loading windows.

just add mtxtvout /R to startup folder.

funny thing i discovered: when you lost synchro on TV-out (when connected through RGB) and trying switch TV standard from Display Settings the synchro not appear. Only switching desktop resolution may help. But when you switch TV standard by mtxtvout the synchro appear

shame for matrox developpers

invite me to matrox as developper?
        Last edited by Saar; 13 January 2003, 19:08.

Comment

that was the quickest new version update i have ever seen in my life thanks m8!!!!

Comment

can someone post link to this topic on matrox forum?
            i can't post to matrox forum. Everytime after register i can post to there only once. Seems they hunger for ban users on their forum

it's not because i posted at weekend. i tried post at work-day-time - no luck too.. I have been used all my e-mails to register and post only one message per register. i don't want register a new mail to register new nick on matrox forum.. very idiotic rules!!

please, post link to matrox forum. i know many people are using RGB out and have bug with lost of synchro. My utility can help and also may be usefull for many people
            Last edited by Saar; 14 January 2003, 02:42.

Comment

re

--

Comment

Originally posted by Saar
                are you using two TVs?

if you're using only one TV then Matrox properly zooms both aspects 16:9 and 4:3...

you need setup aspect ratio of your TV-Set only once
                i can't imagine when you need switch it..

can you explain why?

btw: binding PAL/NTSC switch to Remote Control (as i done) is much handy
                Why?

Many modern TVs have special 'modes' for optimally displaying source material for 16:9 and 4:3 aspect ratio. This is true for virtually all widescreen TVs (which I've got), but I've also seen it on a lot of new 4:3 TV sets.

And switching all the time between 4:3 and 16:9 in the DVD-MAX properties is a real pain... best would even be a 'hybrid' mode, which will switch between 4:3 and 16:9 output automatically depending on the source (-window) aspect ratio.

Comment

I guess this tool is for the G400 only..

got excited cause I am looking for a tool to enable/disable the clone mode in multidisplay for the parhelia. there's no keyboard shortcut(?!) and I would like to have that function on my remote..

anyone know if there's a trick/tool for this?

like an utility for switching between 2 display clone mode and 2 display independant mode with the parhelia..

::kurtz

Comment

actually it's for G400/G450/G550 cards.

sorry, i haven't parhelia...

Comment

Working...
                    X