Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A piece of the 70s lost

I know how most of you are disco fans .
    Well, we have lost a part of that era with the passing of Maurice Gibbs, one of the Brothers Gibbs (BeeGees). Surviving brothers blame doctor's mistakes...

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Yes, I saw the news Yesterday.
    Another Great Australian leaves us.
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Heard T-Rex also died the other day!
      According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

I'm one of the (apparently) few people that tolerate disco music around here... So it's kinda sad. But we all have to die eventually, at least musicians leave something to remember them by when they go.

I could make a bad joke about "stayin' alive" here but I think I'll leave it to someone else.

Comment

Actualy, the BeeGees pre-date Disco by at least 5 years.
          Disco was thier second incarnation.
          I looked it up & thier first popular album was in 1967.
          I remember playing some of those songs on the guitar that year.
          chuck
          Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

Re: A piece of the 70s lost

Originally posted by Kruzin
            Surviving brothers blame doctor's mistakes...
            Yeah, of course...
            Just look at them, take Robin Gibb, e.g.: THE typical Junkie lookalike.
            But drink, smoke, abuse drugs to an excess and when you die, it's always a doctor's fault

damn drug-abusing bitches...
            But we named the *dog* Indiana...
            My System
            2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
            German ATI-forum

Comment

Originally posted by cjolley
              Actualy, the BeeGees pre-date Disco by at least 5 years.
              Disco was thier second incarnation.
              I looked it up & thier first popular album was in 1967.
              I remember playing some of those songs on the guitar that year.
              chuck
              In fact I like their 60s and some of the 80s songs much better than their 70s ones. I really hate "Staying Alive", "You could be Dancing", "Night Fever" and the other very similar songs they produced in the 70s. The only BeeGee 70s song I can currently think of that I actually like is "How deep is your Love?" (much better than the Clone version of one of the exchangeable 90s Boygroups anyways) - OK, and maybe "Tragedy".
              In the 60s they did have some fine songs like "World", "Words", "Spicks&Specks", "In the Morning" (although better and only famous in the cover version).

But then I have to admit that I don't like the 70s sound in general and they've only managed to adapt quite good to at least three decades now (60s, 70s, 80s - don't think the 90s have a genuine style, it's all somehow sounding "produced" or "ripped off").
              But we named the *dog* Indiana...
              My System
              2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
              German ATI-forum

Comment

Working...
              X