Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems When Trying To Record Back To miniDV from MSP 6.0

Hi everyone.

I’m about to have a nervous breakdown. My business partner and me have been working on this little BMX “how to” production video for the past month now. Everything has moved along pretty smooth with Ulead Media Studio Pro 6.0. But now when we are finally done and ready to export/record the edited material back to the miniDV camcorder, we get these white horizontal lines on some of the scenes in the film (kind of reminds of those lines you get when you try to watch a scene shot with S-VHS on a regular VHS VCR).

We have tried a couple of alternative methods when we do this recording back to the camcorder. I will tried to describe them below:

Ok first off, my system configuration.
    PII 400Mhz (currently over clocked to 448Mhz)
    128Mb RAM
    ADS Pyro Digital Video Card
    Matrox Marvel G400 Video Card
    Panasonic NV-DA1 miniDV camcorder
    Wndows2000

When we make the recording back, we first change the Filed Option/Frame Type to Fieldorder A and Deinterlace. When this change is made these white lines appear at the recorded material.
    If we DON’T change the Field Option/Frame Type and leave it at the default setup: Frame-based, these white lines DO NOT appear.
    So, in other words the lines ONLY shows up if we set the Field Option/Frame Type to Fieldorder A and Deinterlace. (Actually they show up if we set it to Fieldorder B as well and if we don’t enable the Deinterlace option).
    Why can’t we just use the Frame-based method, you may wonder. If we use this method the slow motion scenes in the film becomes all “stroby” and doesn’t look good. It’s just NOT an option.
    If we just watch the Field Option/Frame Type/Fieldorder A and Deinterlace film clip on the monitor these lines does NOT show up either. This is very strange, they only show up when we record the clip back to miniDV.
    We have tried a bunch of other settings in order to get these lines to disappear. For example:

Just enable the Fieldorder A option and leave the Deinterlace option disabled: NOT WORKING.

Only change the Field Option/Frame Type in the export window (just before you are about to record the clip) and not change it in the actual “editing window” (when you mark the clip you want to change and then change the Filed Option): NOT WORKING.

Same method as above, but instead of change the Filed Option/Frame Type in the export window, we changed it in the main editing window. NOT WORKING.

Tried to use the Smartrender option. NOT WORKING.

Export/Record the edited material directly from the timeline (using all the above Field Option/Frame Type settings). NOT WORKING.

I’m so stressed at the moment, cause our deadline for this project is on Friday. Please can someone help us out ? If you need more details on something just tell me.

Thanks very much.

Cc

------------------
Working...
X