different G400 (nonMAX) DH 32MB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• different G400 (nonMAX) DH 32MB

i'm currently looking for a used g400 32MB DH for someone. can someone tell me if there is any difference between these two cards except the heatsink?

and are there also different versions of the MAX or is this the only one:
    no matrox, no matroxusers.

another question: how do i see the difference between a 16MB DH and a 32MB DH? is this a 16MB or a 32MB one:

Comment

If you look between the video connectors on the first two, you'll see that one has a chip there and one doesn't. As I recall, that means something (I don't remember what - you might have to do some searching). I also seem to recall that the one with no chip is preferable for whatever reason.

Other than that, I think the only thing to watch for is true AGP4x compatibility - this is indicated by '4A' somewhere in the part number.

Oh, I suspect that 32MB cards have memory chips on the front and back of the PCB, while 16MB cards only have them on the front.

Don't take any of the above as gospel.
      Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Ah wih the RAM on the other side for 32MB makes sense. Another question just to be on the safe side: the MAX only exists as 32MB right?

Comment

Yes.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Just wondering. Why not just go for the MAX? it's faster, and you don't have to worry about the AGP 4X issue found on non-MAX.
            Last edited by Chrono_Wanderer; 13 January 2003, 04:37.

Comment

Actually, the MAX does have the AGP4x issue. Also, non-MAXes are cheaper, more common, and quieter.
              Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

oo yea... completely forgot about the voltage problem

but i thought there's some non-max that are only 2X part

Comment

Working...
                X