Panasonic NV-DX110

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panasonic NV-DX110

can anybody confirm if this model has S-Video (S-VHS) analogue output?

And is it a good camcorder?

I'm not from Europe so I can't speak directly to the quality of this specific PAL model, but my Panasonic PV-DV910 has been quite good. It's a much lower end model, but if the cheap ones are good... Take that FWIW.

Since the NV-DX110 is a 3 CCD cam the image quality should be quite good. Also good news for Europe is that it has DV-in enabled.

As for the S-Video connector, yes. The NV-DX110 does have one. Most DV cams do.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 22 August 2000).]

Comment

More than my lifes worth, but I beg to differ with me ole mate the Doc. I don't think that the DX110 is 3 CCD, and I'm sure it isn't DV-in enabled. To do this you have to buy a 3rd party enabler. Many cams have enabling codes which can be input via the remote, but I "think" that the Pan needs a widget. What I am sure of is that (at last) a crack is available for it

Comment

Oh, and yes it is a good cam - gets good writeups in the UK press, and would have been my choice except for the fact that the zoom control just wasn't right for me.

Comment

Beg to differ T_I. The specs are listed here;

http://www.panasonic-technics-centre.co.uk/dx110.htm

here;

http://www.electricaldiscountuk.co.u...n-nvdx110.html

and here;

http://www.hed.co.uk/pan_nvdx110.html

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 23 August 2000).]

Comment

Hi Doc

(wossup with yer ICQ, you ain't showing on my list as online)

Well, that's as maybe, but they must have changed the specs mightily in the last 3 months. Speaking from experience in purchasing, when I was purchasing it certinly wasn't 3-CCD - The cheapest 3-CCD device was well over the £1000 mark (in fact you could almost double that) and the NV-DX110 was on sale for around £700. And it definitely wasn't DV enabled (or enableable) at the time that I bought, the crack became available about a week after. I researched this in great detail over on the ComputerVideo forum because it was one of my main purchasing points. I even let it lurk on my "to buy" list on the premise that I might be able to get away without DV-IN, but in the end it was the comfort of the cam that settled it for me.

Comment

My ICQ is not always on because of my RT-2000 being on the same system. Basically I don't want any system activity during captures, realtime playbacks & such. This is especially true if I'm testing something

It sure looks like they changed specs on that cam, doesn't it? I checked a bunch of locales by searching with C4.com's multi-threaded search engine. Must have got over 200 hits with similar info to those 3 I posted.

I'll try to leave the ICQ on tomorrow for a bit. Mebbe we can connect then....

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Thanks for your help chaps.

It looks like the DX110 may have been discontinued, it started life a year or so ago at £2K, but can now be had for a little over £1K. As far as I know it is 3CCD and has had DV-in since July '99. I just hope that there isn't 1CCD and 3CCD models floating around out there.

It looks like it does everything I would want to do without having to pay for 'frills'.

Comment

T-I

Am sorry, but, for once, you are well and truly up the pole. The DX-110 IS 3-CCD and it does have DV I/O and always has been/had.

The Panasonic 3-CCD series started with their very first mini-DV model in (I think) 1996, the NV-DX1 (which is what I have, ser. no. 185). This had neither DV I or O (unfortunately). This was followed, possibly 1998, by the DX-100 which had a similar general spec but with DV out plus a few other minor changes and had a metallised plastic case instead of the black plastic and magnesium case of the DX-1. The DX-110 was the flagship model which came out a few months after the DX-100 with a number of further improvements. IMHO, it is amongst the finest cameras on the market and if you can get me a new one for £700, I'll willingly pay you a 10% commission on top!

------------------
                  Brian (the terrible)
                  Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Working...
                  X