Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photoshop hangs on windows XP Pro - HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshop hangs on windows XP Pro - HELP!

I'm a frequent Photoshop user and i recently installed Photoshop 7.0 on my PC. I'm currently using Windows XP Pro. However, my PC has never failed to hang whenever i run photoshop 7.0. I had to manually restart the machine. ( Ctrl + Alt + Del doesn't work).
    Is there any explaination for this and how can i solve this problem? i don't want to go back to using win Me... Pls help.

My PC spec:

PIII 500
    Asus P3BF M/B
    Matrox Millennium G400
    256 MB SDRAM.

Offhand, no. Photoshop 7.0 runs flawlessly for most of us under XP Pro. We'll need a BIT more information.

And... it hangs the WHOLE MACHINE? That's a tough one to swallow.

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

I don't suppose you even searched.
      You should have searched on Google or Matrox FAQ before asking.

Photoshop 5.5 or Later Crashes or Freezes on Pentium 3 Computers

Issue
      Adobe Photoshop 5.5 or later crashes or freezes on a computer that has an Intel Pentium 3 processor.

Detail
      If the computer manufacturer is Dell Computer Corporation, the system may return the error "Alert: Regulator Error."

Solution

Contact the motherboard or computer manufacturer for assistance resolving this issue, which occurs because of an electrical problem on some motherboards.

Note: As a temporary workaround on some computers, you can disable the extensions that optimize data movement in Photoshop. Performance, however, will slow noticeably. To disable the extensions, move the Extensions folder out of the Plug-Ins folder:
      1. Exit from Photoshop.
      2. In Windows Explorer, move the Extensions folder from the Program Files/Adobe/Photoshop [version]/Plug-Ins/Adobe Photoshop Only folder to a location outside of the Adobe folder (for example, move it to the desktop).
      3. Restart Photoshop.

Additional Information

The electrical problem on the affected motherboards is triggered by computer operations that use the pathway (called a bus) between the processor and the RAM for an extended number of microseconds. This problem can be triggered by the operating system or other applications; however, it often appears when using Photoshop because few other applications move memory as rapidly as Photoshop does.

This problem occurs with Dell Optiplex GX1 computers and ASUS P2B-F and P3B-F motherboards and may also occur with other motherboards.
      P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
      Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
      And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

ease up!
        the guy is a first time poster.
        btw welcome to the forums fortynine!

Comment

Hey, nice catch Wywywywy!
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Okay sorry I didn't mean to be offensive fortynine.
            P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
            Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
            And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

Working...
            X