Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I annoy a telecom company (engineers please)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I annoy a telecom company (engineers please)?

I live out in the sticks, and a nearby farmer has a mobile phone mast in his land, and the company has just came back and changed all the conditions in the lease and are adding 50% on to the height of the mast. As far as the contract goes, he sadly has no say in the matter. But...as he's been treated like crap, he now wants to piss them off.

The idea is to find something that mobile phone companies won't want a mast to be near, such as a similar mast or something that will cause a fair amount of electrical interference.

Any ideas? We've obviously got a limit on what we can do - building another huge mast would piss us off just as much as their one, plus we'd need planning permission above a certain height.

Thanking you in advance for Farmer Wullie (no, not Groundskeepep )

P.
    Meet Jasmine.
    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Depends on the frequencies... Maybe take up Ham Radio...

Really probably not a lot you can do. I don't know the local rules regarding this sort of thing.
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Pissing off the Phone Company

P

i don't know about electrical interference but good old fashion VINES planted around the base of that tower and properly nurtured would certainly annoy the crap out of them.

cc

Comment

Re: How can I annoy a telecom company (engineers please)?

What about good old fashioned fire?
        WinXP Pro/Win2K Pro
        Pentium 4 1.7 Abit TH7II-RAID
        HD (boot): Seagate Barracuda ATA IV 60GB
        HD (RAID-0): WD WD400BB 80GB (2x40GB)
        Kingston 256MB 800MHZ RDRAM
        ATI Radeon 8500 128MB
        Hauppauge Wintv #401
        Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Comment

i agree thorny vines, or kudzu (which will grow fast and take over the tower in short time) and is not killed off easily

electric fences are fun to deal with when in a hury as well
          Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Well it'll be tough to cause interferance with a tower like that unless you put another one up in the general area that has some good power output. Most annoying thing would be vines at the base of the tower, or putting an electric fence and letting it arc to the power conduits.

Comment

Just piss on it. Everybody will feel better.
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                Just piss on it. Everybody will feel better.
                ROFLMAO!

Comment

intersting things have been knowen to happen in hunting season.........and other times of the year.

being a farmer fencing around the site would be realistic .
                  arranging the fence to act as an antenna as a catalyst for interference ............. i have an eletric fencer that runs almost no amps and 50,000 volts. if some thing like this was to arc to the antenna mast might cause problems. cattle are always pushing up against fences because the grass is always greener on the other side

luck
                  cal
                  Attached Files
                  another dawg basking in the sun

iwill xp333-r, xp2500@ 340ddr :need better ram

Comment

Hey cal, how the hell did that deer get up there???
                    Titanium is the new bling!
                    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

hi ZokesPro

the email with the pic suggested is was launched up there by a train. this pic suggests a built up train track base from where the
                      pic was taken.................or was santa late on christmas at your house

luck
                      cal

don't know where the pic came from

"M knocked off the courier taking ant the specs for the pitou "

Comment

pic

sorry can't get the pic to post
                        Last edited by cal; 11 January 2003, 04:09.

Comment

I like the idea about the vines, even if it fails to annoy them it will at least make the thing a bit less ugly to behold.
                          "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

wait untill the winter and repeatedly throw water onto it ;-)
                            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Electric fence? Tell me more

The vine idea I really liked, but I've been informed there's a few metres between the fence and the mast, so we'd spend years growing it and take them 2min to cut it back. Ah well
                              Meet Jasmine.
                              flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Working...
                              X