Is DX9 good for us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is DX9 good for us?

Is DirectX 9 good for NLE?Is there better DV codec or something?

Thanks,Railie

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sorry for my English...

My PC is currently dead ;o) put by for good Mobo+CPU+RAM
    Matrox G450 sleep in cabinet

But I also own Notebook Acer(MobileCeleron1.13GHz/20GB/274MB RAM+PCcard IEEE1394+Ext IEEE1394 HDD/IDE box with 80GB Seagate Barracuda ATA IV 80GB) I use it with 19" AOC(Diamontron) ad it works

On my Win2K SP-2 systems the file versions are:

DirectX 8.1

QDV.dll = 6.03.01.0881
    MSDV.sys = 5.01.2258.400

DirectX 9.0

QDV.dll = 6.05.0001.0900
    MSDV.sys = 5.03.0000.0900

Looks like both have been updated, so go from there.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

So Doc, Are you saying DirectX 9.0 is working for you with MSP6.52, Premiere, and RT100?

--wally.

Comment

In case you hadn't noticed I'm using MSPro 7

So far, so good with all three....but time will tell. I sure haven't seen anything glaring.

Terry
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

If you have a G400 or G450/G550 video card, I think there are issues with DX9.0
          I would wait a while until Matrox releases new drivers that are DX9.0 ready.

Regards,
          Elie

Comment

I would wait a while until Matrox releases new drivers that are DX9.0 ready.
            Didn't Matrox discontinued drivers for G400 "video card"? I mean Marvel G400.
            Regards
            Fred H
            It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
            ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Yes, but I'm strictly talking about display drivers for the G400.

Comment

Well the mai thing that makes me happy here is that the Santa Cruz is apparently dx9 compliant. ATI released some DX9 frivers for my card, but the sound card held me back. I will probably wait a little anyway, I don't see a real advantage to upgading since the majority of the improvements are for D4D features and my HW doesn't really suport them, as a matter of fact the 9400and 9700 series from ATI are the only fully fratured DX9 catds on the market.

Until I run into an app that requires it I will keep slimming with god old DX8.1.
                WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

If it ain't broke, don't fix it?

At this point I see absolutely zero reason to "upgrade" to DirectX 9.

--wally.

Comment

but if you get the new windows media 9 encoder you can do some mighty impressive compression
                    Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

Comment

I've yet to see a wmv file of a quality that I'd risk breaking my system for.

Got a link?

--wally.

Comment

Groove Music Pass is being discontinued, see the following info on Groove's partnership with Spotify.

presumably you have updated to the new codecs, even if you havent installed the whole wm9 package??

the link above shows a variety of compression rates..

The high definition 720p file with windows media 9 pro codec is breathtaking. have a look and see what you think
                        Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

Comment

"We're sorry. This Windows Media 9 Series content is only available to be viewed using Internet Explorer."

I'm using Mozilla. MS can kiss my ass. If WME9 requires IE I'll have less use for it than I do XP and its product activation.

Sometime you just have to say no.

--wally.

Comment

Wally - didnt I read somewhere that WME9 requires XP?
                            Lawrence

Comment

If true, I'll be skiping WME9 for sure.

I appreciate the link to some sample files, too bad MS doesn't want anyone to see them unless they run IE.

Can't compete, use your monoply powers to block the last vestige of competition.

For what I want from a browser, Mozilla is far superior to IE.

--wally.

Comment

Working...
                              X