Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some new Electronics? - then PRINT your own!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some new Electronics? - then PRINT your own!

How to

So you need a new graphics card ? - then download a bitmap/jpg file from the supplier and print your own.

And while you are at it, what the hell - get a motherboard upgrade as well.

Cant wait
    Lawrence

Yeah, want a "warez" copy of GeForce FX4? Sometimes when reading these kinds of things I feel SO old...

Comment

Well - dont worry too much - we should be able to order a customized pacemaker as well....
      Lawrence

Comment

LOL@Tempest.

That's very impressive. Don't like your computer mouse? Print a new one. :-)

Comment

I have a feeling that the fun only has begun
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Right. Guys, you need to think about this thing.. if it really existed, who would be able to buy it? If this was the way things worked, no one would have jobs. No manufacturing people, no packaging people, no inventory or shipping people, no UPS people.. just f***ing get it over with and shoot everyone who isn't a doctor or lawyer. We're all gonna be on the dole anyhow.
            Last edited by KvHagedorn; 9 January 2003, 08:56.

Comment

That's fantastic - I want one!!!!

KvH - calm down man

T.
              FT.

Comment

I need 2 of those - one to do the actual printing of goodies I want, and one to print a backup of my first one just in case it should fail.
                Lawrence

Comment

Add accountants to that list Kv - someone's got to count all the money the IP lawyers are making

And lend money to everyone else...
                  DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Aside from the massive amounts o f lost jobs this thing could create, I'd still have fun with it.

I'd invent all sorts of gadgets.

I'd make myself a motherboard that had one IDE channel and an on-boardvideo card, and one memory slot. The idea behind this system is to make it as compact as possible without those extra devices. The motherboard would have to be able to fit in a cigarette pack. And I'd get a 4" LCD hooked up to it too with one of those Palm folding keyboards and a small pointing device. I'd also have a laptop HDD hooked up to it. It would be my newly invented mini spy computer that could fit in my pocket.

I would have to seriously think about my design but I have so many ideas on what I could possibly make.

Oh man, I would make an MP3 player the size of my current stereo deck in my car but instead of using cd's it would be hooked up to a laptop hdd and I would have an LCD that you could use as a touch screen, and it would have a built in GPS, it would have maps you could display, and you could make a HUD device for your windshield in combination with those maps to show you where your going.

Wow, so many possible ideas!!!
                    Titanium is the new bling!
                    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Keep in mind guys, that it switches "100 times slower than silicon"...so you're not gonna make any mobos or vid cards out of this tech the way it is now.

Even a mouse would be pushing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kooldino
                        Keep in mind guys, that it switches "100 times slower than silicon"...so you're not gonna make any mobos or vid cards out of this tech the way it is now.

Even a mouse would be pushing it.
                        The idea is there and I'm sure that someone will try to improve on it. It's only a matter of time.
                        Titanium is the new bling!
                        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

KvH is damn right!

Something like that if it goes to the public can only mean one thing: A lot of people will get employed to build that devices. And after some months all that people and millions of others will get fired.

They should improve that "printer" to make it create food, water and women

You know I was quite happy with my las girldfriend but one day I discovered she had feelings on her own, she left me for a f*****g musician who was singing all the day love songs.
                          I'm going to get a 3DStudio/Photoshop course and I'll start dessigning my new girlfriend !
                          <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1" >epox 8RDA+ running an Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.7Ghz with 2x256mb Crucial PC2700, an Adaptec 1200A IDE-Raid with 2x WD 7200rpm 40Gb striped + a 120Gb and a 20Gb Seagate, 2x 17" LG Flatron 775FT, a Cordless Logitech Trackman wheel and a <b>banding enhanced</b> Matrox Parhelia 128 retail shining thru a Koolance PC601-Blue case window<br>and for God's sake pay my <a href="http://www.drslump.biz">site</a> a visit!</font>

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                            Right. Guys, you need to think about this thing.. if it really existed, who would be able to buy it? If this was the way things worked, no one would have jobs. No manufacturing people, no packaging people, no inventory or shipping people, no UPS people.. just f***ing get it over with and shoot everyone who isn't a doctor or lawyer. We're all gonna be on the dole anyhow.
                            This thing would be a fun gadget for development studios and hobbyists.....

If it really was that simple....

Why do dell, compaq and etc etc still sell preconfigured computers??

You can buy the parts yourself cheaper and get exactly what you want....

But they still exists!!!

Even if this was like the syntesisers in startrek it still wouldent change much!!!!
                            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
                            X