Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3DMark2001: strange feeling about Radeon 9700 Pro

Hi!

A friend of mine bought himself AthlonXP 2100+, Abit KD7 motherboard (Via KT400 chipset), 256Mb DDR333 memory and Gigabyte Radeon 9700 Pro.
    I was watching when he was testing his new system with 3DMark2001SE. Compared to my system, his was a lot faster, atleast by the numbers. He got ~12500 3DMarks. I get ~7500-8100 depending on tweaking.

I just refuse to believe that Radeon 9700 Pro is THAT much faster than Parhelia in normal (gaming) use.
    In 3DMark tests I saw Radeon doing mostly fine, but there was a lot of sudden slowdowns and hickups also.
    In fact, I haven't seen that kind of behaviour on my Parhelia.
    I am really surprised, how could it be possible to get so high scores with so many hickups!

Btw, I didn't see how well is Radeon doing in games, but if the 3DMark2001 was a PC game,
    I would definitely rather play it with Parhelia than with Radeon, if I had both cards.
    Parhelia feels a lot smoother.

Well, this was my own feeling about Radeon. I don't know if there was something wrong with my friend's system, but the 3DMark score is quite good, so there shouldn't be.

3dmark is giving you the average framerates and nit the lowest/highest thats why the radeon 9500/9700 and gf4ti series gets higher 3dmark scores then the Matrox P! Just take a look at the lovest fps in the game benchmarks and you will see what I mean!

btw here is my nVidiot mark score on a 64mb gf4 ti! http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=5108798
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Working...
    X