Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro-Logic/Pro-Logic II on pc?

Hi all,

Is there anyway to have Pro-Logic or Pro-Logic II or similar technology on soundcard when listening to music? I.e. seperate different frequency range to different speakers.

I suppose someone would have done a winamp plugin but I found none.

Many thanks.
    P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
    Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
    And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

The new WinDVD Platinum supports Pro-Logic and Pro Logic II in software.
    Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Same with PowerDVD 4.0XP...
      Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Oh thanks.
        I just tried, its good for movies and alright for music.

But no Winamp? I want my MAD plugin with Pro Logic II
        And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

Actually Pro Logic II with VCD and mp3 is quite cool!!!!

Comment

Anyone know if you can feed an external signal (ie video or TV) into these DVD packages to get Prologic II processing? I run my video and cable TV into my PC and sound card anyway, if I could get Prologic II from the computer that would make me very happy.

Dave
            Don't make me angry...

Comment

On my advanture to writing a winamp DSP plugin.... >: (

Comment

M-Audio's Revolution will support Dolby Pro Logic II via its drivers (don't think it's done in hardware, but I might be wrong), and allows you to listen to music with it enabled. Not sure of all the details though, but it's being discussed over at AVS.
                System Specs:
                Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
                May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
                Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
                And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
                just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
                For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

Yes I've found the solution!!!!!!!!!!!

Instead of Pro-Logic I/II, there is something called Creative Multi-Speaker Suround (CMSS) deeply hidden in the PlayCenter and not accessible via its AudioHQ (doh!)

Now full-range on the fronts and mid-freq on the rears is very cool And if I had a center for hi-freq it would be even better!!

Comment

Oh and to whoever is interested in this,

The setting is in PlayCenter2. Change it from the full view to mini-view with default skin. Open the keypad and you can see CMSS.

Although the setting is in PayCenter, it is actually always on. So it works with Winamp Mediaplayer whatever too.

Very bad UI design in my opinion. Didn't they ever study HCI!!

Comment

Working...
                    X