software radeon 9500 hack discovered!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• software radeon 9500 hack discovered!

apparently you will soon be able to turn radeon 9500 64meg and new layouts into pros and 9500 128meg old layouts into 9700's with just a software hack!
    check it out
    is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
    Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

I love hot mail links. The link is dead.
    "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

sorry try this one:

Comment

Much better, thanks!
        "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

I'd like to wait and see here. I have already seen a posting from someone who claimed to successfully have modded his 128MB R9500 non-Pro into a R9700 simply by BIOS flashing and this claim was quite easily rejectable with a single 3DMark Compare-URL.

But then the iXBT / digit life guys normally know what they do (although there might be some people thinking otherwise here in this forum after the "Parhelia-incident")
          But we named the *dog* Indiana...
          My System
          2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
          German ATI-forum

Comment

likewise seeing is believing , but it does appear to come from a similar source to the resistor hack people so they have no real credit to gain from a false software hack story as they already did it with a solder iron.

Comment

Those guys don't know jack sh*t.

Look here!

Comment

Be carefull about the hardware / resistor mod. Those People that have done it claim to have some strange checkboard artifacts afterwards. Yes the speed is there, but what does it help, if you get artifacts?!?
                Up to now I have not seen a single post of anyone outside the original source that have modded their card REALLY successfully (that is without getting artifacts).

Maybe the reenabled parts simply ARE defective and that is why the card got sold with them disabled as R9500 in the first place?
                Last edited by Indiana; 8 January 2003, 12:04.
                But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                My System
                2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                German ATI-forum

Comment

I did wonder if the 9500 parts were misfunctionuing 9700 parts...with maybe one or more pipelines broken. would explain some of the artefacts. maybe the first lot were just very lucky, and gt a virtually perfect chip.
                  the first ones may have been full cores, and now there are more rejects...?
                  who knows....
                  PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
                  Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
                  +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Working...
                  X