Windows XP TaskBar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows XP TaskBar

We are moving to XP at work soon. Just had a play with the test box and it seems the taskbar is limited to one desktop. All our machines have Matrox G200 MMS cards (4 monitors). Can the XP powerdesk drivers present this to XP as a single monitor, so I can have the start bar all the way across?

Thanks,

Mark

UltraMon.
    Realtime Soft, multimedia software for Windows
    P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
    Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
    And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

Thanks for the pointer. Looks like nice software, but it seems quite expensive for what I want from it. I take it the powerdesk drivers can not present the card as a single monitor device then? Pity...

Thanks,

Mark

Comment

Again for histories sake here is what I found.

Tried Ultramon: This solution works, but has serious performance consequences! Maybe it was set up wrong, but it certainly killed the box we tried it on. Note this problem was only evident with certain apps...

Contacted Matrox support rep (since I was representing a large company they replied!): The option still exists in the drivers -> I can't remember the name now but there is some quite advanced multi-monitor setup stuff in there. Think it is hybrid display or something.

Mark

Comment

Working...
        X