PDA

View Full Version : How was your day?

knirfie
8th January 2003, 07:47
Well, my day was totally ****ed up, all thanks to Microsofty :mad:

How were your days?

ZokesPro
8th January 2003, 08:03
Let me say this: Today is a different day from yesterday (and the day before) and so far it's been pretty good! (NO stress, woohoo) :D

VJ
8th January 2003, 08:04
Bwoa, could have been better here as well...
(*$!, why can't I find what is going wrong in this stupid C-program) :mad:
Ah well, guess it will come to me soon...
:)

Jrg

Byock
8th January 2003, 08:05
Hmm, don't know it just started. Yesterday was slow at work, but movies afterward are always nice. :D

knirfie
8th January 2003, 09:18
when i'm done fixing my computer, i'll tell you about my day, but i these damn nVidiot drivers wont install, I wonder if they're nVidiot-proof... :D Damn Microsoft...

ZokesPro
8th January 2003, 09:43
Originally posted by knirfie
when i'm done fixing my computer, i'll tell you about my day, but i these damn nVidiot drivers wont install, I wonder if they're nVidiot-proof... :D Damn Microsoft...

Hey, I'd rather deal with fussy drivers than this customer below!

Customer: When are you open?
Me: We are open everyday, 24 hours a day. :)
Customer: Are you open on weekends?
Me: Yes, we are open every single day including weekends.:rolleyes:
Customer: Oh! So your open on weekends, right? :confused:
Me: Yes, *sigh*:rolleyes:, WE.... are "OPEN".... EV....ER...Y...DAY!, EVEN on the weekend!!! (trying not to lose it here)
Customer: Oh ok, I thought you guys weren't open on weekends. :)

And that was the end of that call, but if she would have asked me anything else I would have lost it! :D

Besides some frustrating customers my day is good. :)

knirfie
8th January 2003, 10:41
well, it it aint just the drivers, it started after SP1 ****ed up all of windows "c:\windows\system32\config\system is missing or damaged, please insert the Windows XP CD-ROM and press r to repare at the first screen (or something like that)" well, did that, seems the windows repair needs to be able to start windows to repair it? what the fuk? Why would i want to repair windows if it were able to start up? so i replaced the damaged file with a back-up under dos, which is in the same directory called system.old? why windows doesnt just use that when it discovers the correct one is damaged I wouldnt know. So, starting up windows, guess what? "Setup is starting, preparing to repaire windows, please insert the Windows XP SP1 cd." never heard of the SP1 cd and certainly dont have it.
So, after half an hour or so I finally convince windows to use the original XP cd, takes 45 minutes to fix that damn program, Windows starts up. Next problem: Log in screen "please click your user to start windows, after you have started for the first time you can create extra users bladibladibla" but there's no user to click on, restarting in save mode, all is going well and guess what, there's my user, so i think, must have been some sort of error, restart windows in normal mode and again, no user to log in with, restart windows again in safe mode, lot of work trying to get internet to work, install TweakXP and set it up to automatically log in (i've waisted 4 hours of my life by now), finally it works. But none of the drivers are installed, so i install the nVidiot drivers, restart my computer, it hangs at the first windows screen with the progress bar, restart, hangs again, and again, finally restart with safe mode, and repeat the process, etc, etc, etc, now i've already waisted 6 hours of my life and gonna spend a few more, it's time for my favourite command: "format c:"

knirfie
8th January 2003, 10:41
hmm, maybe that text is a little unreadable :( sowwy

oh, and my day started of with some crappy exams.

Technoid
8th January 2003, 10:48
after loosing the "feeling like a dead warmed over" feeling I had when I waked up it was pretty good day ;)

Byock
8th January 2003, 11:45
You know, I had that same problem. No user to click on to log in. Damn you Bill! Hmm, come to think of it, it was caused by my GF2 GTS drivers! :rolleyes:

ZokesPro
8th January 2003, 12:55
Ok, my day just got a lot worse. :(

So that's it, 3 days of bad news in a row. Only this time I have no control over the situation, I can only pray. :(

I can't take it anymore, I don't know if I will be able to handle anymore bad news. Arg!!!

:(

knirfie
8th January 2003, 12:57
Originally posted by Byock
You know, I had that same problem. No user to click on to log in. Damn you Bill! Hmm, come to think of it, it was caused by my GF2 GTS drivers! :rolleyes:

so, conclusion? Microsoftie and nVidiot both suck :D

knirfie
8th January 2003, 12:58
Originally posted by ZokesPro
Ok, my day just got a lot worse. :(

So that's it, 3 days of bad news in a row. Only this time I have no control over the situation, I can only pray. :(

I can't take it anymore, I don't know if I will be able to handle anymore bad news. Arg!!!

:(

Bad news sucks doesnt it? if I were you I'd really start thinking about that other job. Good luck anyways.

ZokesPro
8th January 2003, 13:05
Bad news sucks doesnt it? if I were you I'd really start thinking about that other job. Good luck anyways.

It's not my job this time, that was yesterdays bad news. This time it's far worse. :(

knirfie
8th January 2003, 13:10
oh, if it's personal stuff then it sucks even more, like getting dumped, that always sucks.

Byock
8th January 2003, 13:12
It's not my job this time, that was yesterdays bad news. This time it's far worse. :(

I hope it is not that insane chick again. If it is Me and a few others may need to go on a road trip, and take her out. :mad:

knirfie
8th January 2003, 13:13
Oh, yeah, the stalker wasn't it?

agallag
8th January 2003, 14:20
If you need a brute squad, I'm a two hour drive away, and I'm very very large. :D:D

ZokesPro
8th January 2003, 14:30
Originally posted by Byock
I hope it is not that insane chick again. If it is Me and a few others may need to go on a road trip, and take her out. :mad:

Oh, yeah, the stalker wasn't it?

Originally posted by agallag
If you need a brute squad, I'm a two hour drive away, and I'm very very large. :D:D

I wish it were that easy. :(

Byock
8th January 2003, 14:40
I wish it were that easy. :(

It is. Just give us her address. :D

KvHagedorn
8th January 2003, 14:45
I bet her dad is Tony Soprano or something..

ZokesPro
8th January 2003, 14:59
Ok, looks like I need to say what's up cause you guys are way off track with this one, hehe. :D

It's about my grandma, her heart is failing and my dad once again left in a mad rush to go see her. She's been off and on for a few months now and she's only getting worse.

So that is what's troubling me today. :(

KvHagedorn
8th January 2003, 15:01
It all happens at once doesn't it? :(

Sorry bout your Grandma.

Byock
8th January 2003, 15:03
When it rains it pours. Zokes are you sure you are not a stress experiment? Best wishes to you, and if there is anything we can do, just let us know.

Ajax
8th January 2003, 15:37
Well, I just burried my Grandfather today, so today was a sad day.

Byock
8th January 2003, 15:40
Everyone has sad news. :(

Best wishes to all. To help, I suggest watching Zokes avatar for a while. It always ma....Bouncy Bouncy...

Huh? What was I saying??

ZokesPro
8th January 2003, 16:16
Turns out my grandmas medication was slowing her heart rate a lot so they took her off those and transferred her to another hospital and she's doing slightly better, which to me is good news. (just got home and checked my messages)

Thank you all for being so supportive. :)

BTW, boobies are very comforting, wether your just watching them bounce (note the very obvious avatar) or wether some hottie shoves them in your face! :p

DirtFarmer
8th January 2003, 20:21
mmmmmm, boooooooobs.