G200 kicks Radeon 9700 ass....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G200 kicks Radeon 9700 ass....

Well this is a crying same, I have my friends old PC that I'm upgrading for him for his mom and I got a G200 SD RAM PCI GFX card that I'm using in it. I have a Dell 2000FP 20in LCD that I have my R9700 hooked up using DVI-D and the G200 with D-SUB connection. Much to my suprise the G200 2D looks worlds better even when its hobbled with the D-SUB connection vs the Digital Connection that the R9700 has. I've read that somewhere that DVI image quatily improves if you do clean wipe of the system and I haven't done that to my PC yet since taking out the Parhelia I had in it and replacing it with the R9700.
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

ROFL. Actually I remembered my G200AGP (now packed into boxes ) have such great 2D accelerations

Comment

Still use mine for work
      The quality is sooo nice

Comment

Try running the 9700 at the panel's *native* resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashley
          Yep both the G200 and the R9700 where at 1600x1200

Comment

The G100 in my system at work shows a good pucture at 1600x1200. Even my Diamond Stealth Video 64 VRAM card showed a nice picture at at 1600x1200.

Later,
            Steven

Comment

I use a G200 here at work.
              On a compaq Deskpro, G200 AGP running @ 100MHz mem/core.
              1152x864 at 75Hz on 8mb card!!
              17in Monitor.... it works just fine.
              PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
              Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
              +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Actually I do have a Dell 2000FP and a Hercules 9700 Pro working together through a DVI connection @ 1600x1200x60 and the picture is crystal clear perfect. I don’t know what was wrong with your test system, but obviously something was not right because that just isn’t its normal behavior (maybe you weren't using the panel native 1600x1200 resolution? that would make it much blurry).

Comment

Originally posted by Eon
                  Actually I do have a Dell 2000FP and a Hercules 9700 Pro working together through a DVI connection @ 1600x1200x60 and the picture is crystal clear perfect. I don’t know what was wrong with your test system, but obviously something was not right because that just isn’t its normal behavior (maybe you weren't using the panel native 1600x1200 resolution? that would make it much blurry).
                  GT98 quote:
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Originally posted by Ashley
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep both the G200 and the R9700 where at 1600x1200

Thats the answer....I looking at doing a full reinstall....see if that clears up anything

Do you have any problems with "Snow",the screen blanking out, or werid red/green single pixel lines with your R9700 and the Dell 2000FP? I've been and playing with the DVI settings helps a bit but its still not 100%

Comment

I would have to agree there, doing a full install made a massive difference for me with my Radeon 9700

Comment

Originally posted by GT98
                      Do you have any problems with "Snow",the screen blanking out, or werid red/green single pixel lines with your R9700 and the Dell 2000FP? I've been and playing with the DVI settings helps a bit but its still not 100%
                      Well I have used this panel – through its DVI connector - with an ATi 8500, a GF4 Ti, temporarily a G450 DVI/PCI and with the Hercules 9700 Pro and besides the G450 PCI DVI limitation to 1280x1024, I never had any problem with it.

As far as the analog connector is concerned, it’s always blurry regardless of card used (tried with a G450, G550 and 9700 Pro) and any resolution but its native 1600x1200 is blurry beyond hope.

Comment

I also have a Dell 2000fp and a 9700Pro.

I have a problem, and have since I first got the 9700, and was wondering if any of you other 2000fp and 9700 users have it.

When Im using the DVI port of the 9700 to run the 2000fp and put the computer into standby, or turn it off, the 2000fp doesnt turn off, but says something like 'Signal Lost', with a test patten.

If I use the D-Sub connector there is no problem.

This is a Gigabyte 9700Pro using WinXP Pro.

Anybody else? (contacted DEll, Gigabyte, and ATI, no help).

Ali

Comment

Working...
                        X