Tax software for this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax software for this year?

So, what are you guys going to use to do your taxes this year?
    I used TurboTax 2001 last year, but I wasn't too happy when Intuit screwed me over on the rebates (they said I didn't fill it out properly, and "returned" my envelopes, but managed to keep the receipt so that I couldn't file it again).

Now there's this:
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Heh. Well, the product activation stuff was worrying... until I found out that you could just hit "cancel" halfway through and punch in your code. LOL.

NICE protection, Intuit.

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

HAHA! That is too funny. Some protection.
      "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Yeah, but Intuit also changed QuickBooks. The latest upgrade makes it so that all of your sendings go through their server, period. They're going from a cool company with a great product to scumbags.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I've been using Tax Cut for the last several years and it's been quite satisfactory.

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

For the Canadians, I recommend Taxwiz.
            Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

If you have any kind of investment account(or regular checking/savings accounts), they will usually offer free or highly discounted tax software to do your taxes.
              Personally, I have been using TurboTax for the last two years and have had no problems whatsoever.

Dave
              Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Re: Tax software for this year?

Originally posted by Wombat
                I used TurboTax 2001 last year, but I wasn't too happy when Intuit screwed me over on the rebates
                Seems like your not the only one, saw this in a post over at the AMDMb forums

Two years ago, TT sc**wed me out of my rebate.
                Here's a link to the post in case your interested :- http://www.amdforums.com/showthread....hreadid=183744
                When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

For those in the UK - do it by hand
                  DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Originally posted by GNEP
                    For those in the UK - do it by hand
                    That's what I'll be doing once they've finally sent it to me
                    When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

I have used taxact online filing for the past 4 years, including this year. It is great, i love it! The only problem is that you can get your taxes all done on it as early as you get your W-2s, but you can't e-file your stuff til after the 10th of January....who knows why. Other than that, it's great.
                      I'm a genie in a bottle BABY, gotta rub ME the right way!!!

Comment

The wife doesn't get her W-2's 'til the end of the month since legally employers don't have to issue them until then

Once we have them our refunds typically come back in 7-10 days since we file both the Federal and State electronically. They direct deposit 'em right into our checking account.

Dr. Mordrid
                        Dr. Mordrid
                        ----------------------------
                        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
                        X