Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing SBLIVE drivers

hello guys,

is there any painless way to OBLITERATE all traces of SBLIVE drivers from my system?

ADD / REMOVE program doesnt seem to work.

pulled out that card from my board to TEST the onboard sound and it is not detected at all. tried installing the onboard sound drviers but nothing. using BD7-II's realtek sndchip.
    The future's no use today.
    <a href="http://autarkic.org/geek.html">RIG*</a>

What OS?
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

No easy way, sadly.

- Gurm
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Cougth. Removing soundblaster drivers. Well theres no guarenteed way of doing it. I certainly recommend doing a ghost image of your hard drive first. Download regcleaner and install it. Uninstall the driver package using the uninstaller.
        Reboot and then locate the creative folder and delete it. Run regcleaner and remove the entres relating to creative. They'll be listed. Make sure you back them up. Reboot and hopefully your system will come up.
        If your unlucky like I was with 98 it'll blue screen and you'll find the creative uninstaller has removed a needed file. I restored the file from my ghost back up and that cured the blue screen. The system however was unhappy until I restored the registry entries.
        Under win2k I didn't have a problem.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

One of the reasons I like to call them SBUndead...they keep rising from the grave even after the physical body is gone

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Can't he just run the driver update utility (not the setup that comes with other apps beside the drivers) from the set of drivers he has installed and choose Driver uninstallation ?
            Last edited by Admiral; 7 January 2003, 13:49.

Comment

Admiral:

Drivers, yes. Software suite, no.

- Gurm
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              I would still get screwed

Comment

Yes, there is, but you aren't going to like it...

Boot to a command prompt, then type:

"format c:\ /y"

I hate Creative's drivers, but at least with the Audigy2 they are starting to slim down their bloatware a bit.
                Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Working...
                X