LCD Display question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCD Display question

Ok I have a Dell 2000FP 20in LCD and everyonce in awhile when I goto certain webpages I get a "snow effect" going, esp on dark backgrounds like the HardOCP forums. The effect never stays the same and changes when I click on pages and what not. I also have at another site that where a dark grey bar meets lighter bar has a flashing red lines that show on my LCD and not on my CRT. I'm using DVI-D for the connection to the LCD from my R9700. Any suggestions?
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

16 or 32 bit color?

Comment

there is a check box in the display properties somewhere(compatabilty settings I think).
      Which says something like use "use low frequency for DVi' or perhaps use alternate DVI frequency.

Try that, I have seen some ATI techs recomend that to fix snow problems

Comment

Originally posted by Marshmallowman
        there is a check box in the display properties somewhere(compatabilty settings I think).
        Which says something like use "use low frequency for DVi' or perhaps use alternate DVI frequency.

Try that, I have seen some ATI techs recomend that to fix snow problems
        cool that fixed it...its reduce DVI frequency on hi-res displays.
        Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Kind of a cheesy fix in my opinion tho, since by dropping the dvi link frequency you are also most likely reducing your refresh rate to the panel. The 'snow' effect at full bandwith can be caused either by a bad TMDS transmitter on the video card, a bad receiver in the flat panel, or a crappy dvi cable.

Comment

Working...
          X