Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrested inside bars, for drinking!

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=30288
    According to the report, police are hauling customers outside of establishments to conduct sobriety tests, then arresting them for public drunkenness should they fail.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Thats insane. What if they are not driving?? And how many people stay and sober up before leaving?

Amazing.
    "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

"The way police are handling the drink situation is the biggest B.S. I have ever heard of," wrote Ray Williams.
      I tend to agree.

Comment

such is a thing must only be possible in the US, where they raid private parties to look for underage drinkers.
        no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

It many places it is illegal for a bartender to get some one drunk or to serve someone who is drunk.

How are these people going to get home if they are falling down drunk? Also, they might get into fights on the way walking home, or hurt themselves, etc. etc.

So I can see the police taking people whom they suspect are drunk and seeing if they are drunk or not. Sure it's not fair or nice. It sounds like they are getting a number of complaints.

But yeah, it's pretty stupid.

Comment

This is why we have designated drivers, and taxicabs.

If the cops were really concerned about people, they would just wait for them to leave the bar, or stake out parking lots, and get drunks as they tried to get in the driver's seat.

I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be attempt to just put certain bars out of business by scaring their customers away.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by thop
              such is a thing must only be possible in the US, where they raid private parties to look for underage drinkers.
              Well thats better then scraping kids up off the road when they get into and accident

Most of the Private parties I've been usually get the cops called to them since they are disturbing the peace or breaking a curfew, thus arrests for underage drinking. Often at the police discretion they confiscate the beer/alcohol, and nothing else is done to them.
              Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Yeah, and the cool cops will only kick out the minors, letting the rest of the revelers carry on.

Comment

Pretty silly really helps Police relations.

In this country if you get pissed walk out of your house to empty the car boot say for example they'll arrest you for being drunk in charge.
                  Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

They can only do you if the keys are either in the ignition, or if you are behind the wheel of the car.
                    If you are just emptying the boot, on the street whilst parked, then you could be completely pissed, and they couldn't do more than help you, or ask someone to help you (from your house).
                    You are not in control of a vehicle by having the keys in the boot.
                    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
                    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
                    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

In France btw, you can be drunk* and have an accident, and as long as there are no injuries then they don't have to give you a blood test, and are not even obliged to breathalise you!!
                      I seem to remember you had as much chance here to get stopped by the police as winning the lottery.

On average a french person has his papers checked once every 5 years.
                      I've had them checked 3 times, the last time with NO tax disc (lost it) and NO insurance papers (just the thing on the windscreen) and NO Photo ID. They let me go on, saying that next time i should STOP when someone jumps in front of the car waving a torch....nearly ran him over. They just 'leap out' at you....

Edit:*Obviously, if you are visibly drunk, stink of alcohol etc, then they will do you. Some people can drink a lot, and it will not be noticable straight away.

(Some drunk ass missed the dead-straight road outside our house. He was going too fast, and happened to have 3 empty bottles of wine next to him. The police stopped, for about 30secs, then buggered off.
                      He drove off the road on a straight line for gods sake!
                      He nearly poo'd his pants when the police showed up. Then they go. and thats that. He has a written off car...but was not in any pain. I'll bet he woke up with big bruises...))
                      Last edited by Evildead666; 7 January 2003, 08:41.
                      PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
                      Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
                      +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Isn't it in the US forbidden to even have alcoholic beverage in your car (no matter if you drank from it or not)? I could have mixed sth. in my head though, so please correct me.

I've already slept drunk in my car with the engine running. I was lucky no policemen where near. But i didn't want to drive the car, it was just fecking cold and i let the heating(?) run I only realized the next morning what could've happened to me.
                        no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Open bottles in the passenger area is illegal. If you have an open bottle (with the lid put back on of course), it has to go in the trunk, or in a van it has to go behind the rear seats. A closed case of beer or unopened bottle of liquor is ok.
                          Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

thop, in the US it's illegal to have an open alcoholic beverage container in your car. Most cops will let it go if the container is in the trunk of the car and/or if it is a bottle of wine or such. However an open can of Budweiser in the front-passenger cup holder will get you anything from a ticket to a night in jail.

Beat to the punch
                            “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Originally posted by Evildead666
                              They can only do you if the keys are either in the ignition, or if you are behind the wheel of the car.
                              If you are just emptying the boot, on the street whilst parked, then you could be completely pissed, and they couldn't do more than help you, or ask someone to help you (from your house).
                              You are not in control of a vehicle by having the keys in the boot.
                              Well one my friends got nicked for sleeping in the back of his car while he was drunk. I doubt very much he had the keys in the ignition.
                              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                              X