Matrox gone??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox gone??

Saw this on Beyond,sorry if posted before.

matrox´s response:

it is old news.
    This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Hmm...

I think well se more from Matrox in the future
      I think alot off these rumors are from "dissatisfied" pepole that lost their jobs....

But.... time will show!

Comment

Matroxs response which err, didn't say anything to dispell the rumours.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Guess its wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
            Matroxs response which err, didn't say anything to dispell the rumours.
            I didn´t say it was an informative response.

I don´t think they will go away that easily.
            This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

another 3 years to wait... ***sigh***

Get ready for June 2006. The Matrox Anthelion MAX VVU (Virtual Vision Unit/Very-victorious Unit)

-0.001 micron
              -1024-bit bus
              -Full FP-pipeline
              -QDRII eDRAM
              -1024-bit internal colour
              -1024MB Frame Buffer
              -DX20.0 part
              -OGL20.0 part

hehe

Comment

I dont think there's gonna be an OGL20.0 by 2006, DX20.0 maybe with the rate that is going, the rest could be realistic *cough*
                Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Comment

You forgot support for up to 8 monitors
                  Let those who want to be simple, be simple.

Comment

@knirfie oo wait... it should be DX XP nvm

8 monitors? i thought they are having holographic monitors by then.

Comment

Chrono, I think your crystal ball is a bit fuzzy. Here, let me use some Windoleen on it...

Originally posted by Chrono_Wanderer
                      -0.001 micron
                      Ok, just wanted to point out that's 1 nanometre.

-1024-bit bus
                      Nah, they'll have gone to a serial bus running at a few hundred GHz.

-Full FP-pipeline
                      The pipeline will be fully complex-floating-point. Don't know what they're going to do with the imaginary part yet.

-QDRII eDRAM
                      Built right into the pipeline so the data doesn't have to make that time-consuming, performance-killing hike across the die like on other chips.

-1024-bit internal colour
                      Again, fully complex floating-point. I have to wonder if the imaginary colours will tie in with the RSN feature.

-1024MB Frame Buffer
                      The frame buffer will be implemented in quantum storage, so it holds all possible images simultaneously and just picks the correct one at vertical sync time.

-DX20.0 part
                      About right, but it will be called DX XP Pro (or Home Edition), and require reactivation if you play more than six different games in a month.

-OGL20.0 part
                      More like OGL 2.1
                      The shading language as natively executed on-chip will be one of Alpha assembler, C, Java, or Mathematica. (For the next-generation part after this one, the shading language is planned to be English, so developers can write
                      Code:
                      gl_ext_shade("Make really cool effects!");
                      and spend more time on gameplay, AI, etc.) nVidia parts will have similar features, only their shading language will be LOGO.

The MAX version will come with a built-in "nVidiot/FanATIc-punisher" feature. Essentially, this detects anyone who says something to the effect of "oh it's a Matrox card, it's only good for 2D, games will be a slideshow" within a 10-foot radius, and fires ball lightning at their private parts. These will be charged as a side-effect of normal factory testing, so they will get one shot opportunity for the time they are on the shelves.
                      Last edited by Ribbit; 8 January 2003, 04:00.
                      Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

i was reading this ..................sat back...............wow, my virtual pitou came to life. ut2003 playing at 150fps surround gigacolor in a fire fight,need for speed with 5 camera points( rear view camera points in the outside monitor corners), and the kid watching a dvd off to the side so i can keep and eye on him..........hummm phone rings and i open my eyes, @#$@#$%%&
                        hate it when that happens
                        another dawg basking in the sun

iwill xp333-r, xp2500@ 340ddr :need better ram

Comment

@cal,
                          by the time we see the pitou you'll be on the side watching the DVD and you'll have 3 kids fighting over which game they'll be Surround Gaming on.
                          Alcohol and Drugs make life tolerable.

Comment

I thought it'd have a different game on each monitor at killer FPS rates
                            Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Comment

Working...
                            X