Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matrox Parhelia and STR (Suspend-to-RAM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox Parhelia and STR (Suspend-to-RAM)

Hello All,

Three days ago i became a proud owner of Matrox Parhelia card!
    Unfortunately, i encountered with an issue related to awaking from STR, which i will describe below.

I have following config:

AGP: Matrox Parhelia-128 OEM
    PSU: Antec PP-412XF 400Watt
    CPU: AMD Athlon XP 1600+ (1.4GHz)
    MOBO: EPoX EP-8KHA+ (VIA KT266A + VIA VT8233, latest BIOS)
    RAM: 512MB Mushkin DDR SDRAM PC2400 (two DIMMs)
    SOUND: Creative SoundBlaster Live! Value
    NIC: 3Com 3C980C-TX-M

When i awake PC from stand-by (after STR'ed), i get blank screen instead regular Windows welcome screen. Sometimes i get a valid screen for 1-2 seconds and cropped sound of welcome music and then screen goes off again.

As for the hardware, i see (thru POST led indicators) that MOBO resumes from STR correctly, then both keyboard and mouse initialize and monitor goes on (green led) -- but there is no picture on monitor or only a blinking keyboard cursor (such as in Command Prompt), or that 1-2 second boolshit i described above.

I have to mention that entire config with Matrox Millenium G550 DualHead instead Parhelia worked just fine for about 10 months.
    I also have to mention that except STR problem everything works superb, including games.

A word of wisdom from YOU Guru's would be highly appreciated! I would like to hear from other Parhelia owners regards the issue before submitting this over Matrox's Tech Forum.

Thanks for your time and answers,
    -Michael.

PS: The monitor is Sony GDM-FW900 with 5-BNC-to-D-Sub cable and 1.03.00.043 drivers for Parhelia

Hi Michael

It may be due to the high latency time of the Parhelia. Using Powerstrip you could try lowering it from 64 to 32. Some time ago I had problems with the combination of Parhelia and a SBLive5.1 Platinum that were (partially) solved by adjusting the latency time.

You could also consider newer drivers for the Soundblaster. Here at this french site fdrsoft.fr.fm you can find the latest (un)official ones.

Good luck,
    Peter Aragon
    Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

Comment

Working...
    X