Best program to convert DivX/MPEG4 to VCD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best program to convert DivX/MPEG4 to VCD

Can anybody recomand me a good program I can use to convert MPEG4 or DivX videos to VideoCD format?

I want to be able to watch some DivX movies on the DVD player I have for the television (no, my computer is to far away....) and my DVD player only suports VideoCD and DVD's....

hmm. i want that too.. does this prosess take a lot of time?

Comment

im not quite sure, try tmpgenc, ( http://www.tmpgenc.net/ ) but to be certain you should ask in the desktop video forum

Comment

I second tmppenc.
        And yes it takes quite a lot of time. (relatively)
        P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
        Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
        And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

You want TMPGEnc, however... it's a bit of work figuring it out.

- Gurm
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          I would still get screwed

Comment

I'd agree with TMPGEnc but you may need Virtual Dub as well to seperate the audio track if your getting syncing problems.
            When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Like always, head on over to www.doom9.org for some guides. vcdhelp.com also has a short guide. I just converted a 90 minute huffyuv file to SVCD using the slowest (highest quality settings supposedly) on an Athlon XP 1800 and it took 12 hours.
              Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
              Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Yeah, it IS time-consuming. DVD2SVCD, which uses either TMPGEnc or CinemaCraft Encoder, takes roughly 12 hours on my AthlonXP 1800+ to convert your average DVD.

- Gurm
                The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

Incredible slow action. Why can't they make an efficient converter like the audiocatalyst. I mean before audio catalyst it took 15min to pack a 5min music track to mp3 format. With audiocatalyst i took about 20-30 secs on a fast 'puter.
                  Was considering this type of divx->svcd conversion myself, but 12hours? Yuck
                  My system:
                  | Athlon XP2600+ 2,4GHz@200FSB| Water Cooled Processor | Samsung 2x256MB PC3200 Ram (400MHz) | Epox 8RDA mb | Hercules FDX Radeon 8500 LE 128MB | Abit Hot Rod DMA/100 RAID controller | 2*20GB IBM and Western 10.2GB @RAID controller | Soundblaster 5.1 Audigy Player | Actima 6x/32x DVD-ROM, Samsung 12x/8x/32x CDRW | Logitech Force Feedback wheel | Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick | 550W water-cooled Q-TEC PSU | 278/278 kbit DSL internet connection | Windows 2000 Pro | My Homepage
                  homemade watercooling in use,Pics on the homepage...

no more VIA, no more!

Comment

Because this is orders of magnitude more complex than MP3's?

And... because Audio Catalyst creates horrifically bad MP3's?

I mean, LAME still takes a couple minutes to compress the average MP3 on my XP1800+, whereas Audio Catalyst will do it in 15-20 seconds. BIG difference in quality though.

- Gurm

Comment

Working...
                    X