X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSPro 7.0 titler.....

Part I.....

Internal Titler:

MSPro 7's internal titler has also been redesigned. Some of the new features look as if they were lifted intact from Uleads Cool3D 3D titler/animation package while others are cut from whole cloth. Let's take a look at them.

On the main page are the controls for creating a Color Bar. This is a "box" around the selected text which has a definable solid color or directional gradient fill and a transparency option. The Color Bar can also be dragged around the screen so you can put it top, bottom or in-between and it can be rotated to a vertical position. A solid background color can also be defined.

Also note the new support for Rich Text (*.rtf) files in the titler. There is also a title safe area box that will display both in the titler and to whatever preview devices you have defined. It's the white button on the far right of the Preview window controls with a red square in the middle.

Also notice that the old Roll & Crawl menu is gone. It's functions, and then some, have been rolled into a new menu called "Animation". Here you can select various canned text animations, which can be changed using this functions "Customize" menu.

The old Roll & Crawl functions are now handled by the "Fly" animation type, but there are several other types including Swing, Stretch, Drop, Fade, Scatter, Pop-up, Turn and Zoom. Lots of new text toys here. Note the Customize menu at the bottom;

Also new is the Type Effect menu. Here you can set type styles in numerous forms including Concrete, Drop Shadow, Emboss, Extrude Shadow, Fire, Glass, Gradient, Expanding Shadow, Metal and Snow. Again note the Customize menu at the bottom that lets you adjust colors, keyframing and degree of the effect;

Note in both the Animation and Type Effects customizations can be saved for later re-use.

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 4 January 2003, 13:11.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Part II....exporting

Exporting video:

As noted before 16:9 is now supported throughout MSPro 7, including in the export engine. There are several other new toys here as well. For starters there is the new Windows Media 9 encoder

and an updated version of the MPEG.now engine, which is based on MainConcepts MPEG SDK. This new version of MPEG.now features much improved quality, especially when using VBR.

Other new features in the MPEG engine are support for LPCM, AC3 0/1 and AC3 0/2 audio encoding. AC3 can be encoded at up to 448 kbps.

Also new to the Export menu is a DVD-VR Wizard. Don't feel odd if you haven't heard of this since it's a newly approved DVD Forum standard. DVD-VR (VR = Video Recording) is for cams, decks and personal video recorders using DVD-RAM disks. Examples are Hitachis new Z-3000 pro camcorder and its matching CR-D10 deck. Here's a look;

Yes....additional clips can be added to a play list and existing video in the playlist can be split.

And finally there is a new standalone application for burning *.iso and *.ixa disk images;

And let's not forget that MSPro 7 is completely compatable with VideoTools VideoServer frameserving plugin, which opens up even more export options.

Whew......

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 5 January 2003, 02:33.
    Dr. Mordrid

Comment

It's almost more exciting than I can possibly bear! ...and the waiting is the hardest part, as Tom Petty has said so often.

Jeff B

Comment

You should have been in on the testing side of this thing. You don't get much sleep when you get so many new toys before Christmas

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

The new titler really interests me. It will speed up a lot of the basic titling I do. It doesn't look like it possible to mix font sizes in the same title though. Can it do that? Not trying to be a party pooper or anything, it looks amazing.

-Mark
          - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

Remember my mention of it supporting RTF? That goes for composition too. Just highlight the text you want enhanced and select the font/size/color and style (bold, underline etc.) you need;

Well??

Dr. Mordrid
            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 5 January 2003, 02:42.
            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Being able to customize different parts of the font/size/color and style of text in the titler is, in my particular case, worth the price of admission all by itself!

Jeff B

Comment

Yes!!!
                - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

AC3 audio encoding will be very cool. This has been the main critism of DVD Workshop.

Doc,
                  Any rumors of a DVD Workshop "next edition"? The 1.3 patch was pretty recent, but AC3 audio would be worth killing for....

Ted
                  Premiere PRO XP Pro
                  Asus P4s533
                  P4-2.8
                  Matrox G450
                  RT.x100
                  45 GIG System Drive
                  120 Export Drive
                  Promise Fastrak 100(4x80 Maxtor)
                  Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Toshiba Laptop
                  17" P4-3 HT
                  1024 RAM
                  32 MEG GForce
                  60 GIG 7200RPM HD
                  80 GIG EXT HD (USB 2/Firewire)
                  DVD RW/RAM

Comment

There have been rumors around the net about an improved version called "DVD Workshop Pro" coming out in March, but I've not heard anything official from Ulead on this. Not for lack of asking either

That said; Ulead tends to come out with product updates in bunches. We've already seen PhotoImpact 8, DVDMF 2 and Cool3D Studio come out recently with MSPro 7 officially due in March.

If you believe in past precident setting a pattern for future events (and I do) then upgrades for DVD Workshop and VideoStudio should be in the wings.

Dr. Mordrid
                    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 6 January 2003, 02:52.
                    Dr. Mordrid

Comment

then upgrades for DVD Workshop and VideoStudio should be in the wings.
                      Good point, Video Studio has always been a version ahead of MSPro release's (4,5 & 6 anyway).

i.e. DV Smartplay was in VS 4 first before MSP 6.0.0.2

Regards

John

Comment

Doc,

Have you run the speed test on version 7? I would be curious to see how the added features of the new program have affected it's speed. If those results don't interfere with your NDA please let me know.

-Mark
                        - Mark

Comment

In terms of rendering DV and MPEG to the HDD it's about the same in terms of speed, but that's using an MSPro 6.5 project file. I haven't had time to create an MSPro 7 test file from whole cloth yet.

Dr. Mordrid
                          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                          X