IRC Problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRC Problems?

So, a couple of us seem to be having some IRC problems.

Sudden and unexpected kickbans, for no reason, which won't be lifted?

Anyone wanna take a stab at this?

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Oh yes, very amusing.
    Meet Jasmine.
    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Obviously this is some strange new definition of the word "amusing" of which I was previously unaware.

- Gurm
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Erm, and hope y'all don't hold that whole "spamming every thread with hateful messages about Greebe" thing against me.

(Not gonna say if they were TRUE or not... *wink*)

- Gurm

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

and since you changed the sig/link is now dead...

Hiya MURC. Gurm here. This is a swan song of sorts.

'member how I said that I was willing to lose my MURC account over principles? Well here goes.

I don't lie. I push buttons, I make outrageous claims (like inventing the question mark), I offend nearly everyone... but I don't lie to you.

Then we have someone else. He has a history of lying to cover his ass. I think if you look back a few weeks you might see the same thing happening to poor Buddman. But he's a newbie, so it's "ok", right? It's ok for a moderator to push him around and lie about it.

Well you know what? It's never ok. You wanna be a mod, then dammit take responsibility for your actions. You wanna delete posts - admit you deleted 'em. You wanna delete posts JUST 'CUZ YOU'RE IN A BAD MOOD? No problem. But don't deny it afterwards.

So here's the deal. I'm out. Greebe somehow thinks he and I are (were) "friends". I don't see how that works, when you do what he did. I won't even go INTO some of the OTHER stuff he's done. I'll just let your imaginations percolate on it, and maybe the slighted parties will feel like elaborating (it's not my place, in a situation like that).

So there we go. I like to think that I made some friends here. But apparently when it comes right down to it, in the court of MURC I'm a liar, and Greebe tells the truth despite evidence to the contrary. Apparently that "mod" next to his name makes all the difference when judging the veracity of his statements.

I've got an open invitation to join Jorden over on his forums. He's a freak, and I disagree with him more often than not. But he doesn't delete my posts just because I like IE and he likes Mozilla... and he certainly doesn't lie about it afterwards.

This post will get deleted, I'm sure. Hope you all get to read it quickly, since I won't be reposting it.

Will I miss you? Yep, some of ya. You all know where to find me if you need something.

Ok, that's all. I'm done, and out.

Oh, and one last thing:

**** U GREEBE.

And Ant and Joel can get bent right alongside ya.
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

AKAI Stereo Integrated Amplifier AM-06

* Tape monitor
            * Tuner
            * VCR/Aux
            * CD
            * Phono

HIGH FIDELITY SOUND
            Can you remove the ban on myself please Mike?
            Meet Jasmine.

Comment

Code:
              [03:29] <@Greebe> wanna play kick ban the Paul?
              [03:29] * Greebe sets mode: +b *!*@hide-2238A927.cvx3-a.ren.dial.ntli.net
              [03:29] * You were kicked by Greebe (Greebe)
              [03:29] * Attempting to rejoin channel #murc
              [03:29] * Unable to join channel (address is banned)
              Last edited by Pace; 3 January 2003, 20:41.
              Meet Jasmine.

Comment

Code:
                [03:32] * Rejoined channel #murc
                [03:32] * Topic is 'Have a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy Hangover!! :)'
                [03:32] * Set by Dilitante on Wed Jan 01 05:41:30
                [03:32] <Pace3001> <@Greebe> wanna play kick ban the Paul?
                [03:32] <Pace3001> How does *NO* sound?
                [03:32] * Greebe sets mode: +b *!*@hide-4E8D35.cvx2-c.ren.dial.ntli.net
                [03:32] * You were kicked by Greebe (Greebe)
                [03:32] * Attempting to rejoin channel #murc
                [03:32] * Unable to join channel (address is banned)
                [03:34] * Attempting to rejoin channel #murc [03:34] * Rejoined channel #murc [03:34] * Topic is 'Have a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy Hangover!! :)' [03:34] * Set by Dilitante on Wed Jan 01 05:41:30 [03:34] <Pace> Must you? [03:34] * Greebe sets mode: +b *!*@hide-317A4164.cvx2-c.ren.dial.ntli.net [03:34] * You were kicked by Greebe (Greebe) [03:34] * Attempting to rejoin channel #murc [03:34] * Unable to join channel (address is banned)
                Any time you want to explain, just slide it in here.
                Last edited by Pace; 3 January 2003, 20:42.
                Meet Jasmine.

Comment

Code:
                  [03:53] * Dilitante sets mode: -b *!*@hide-317A4164.cvx2-c.ren.dial.ntli.net
                  [03:54] * Dilitante sets mode: -b *!*@hide-4E8D35.cvx2-c.ren.dial.ntli.net
                  [03:54] * Dilitante sets mode: -b *!*@hide-2238A927.cvx3-a.ren.dial.ntli.net
                  [03:54] * Dilitante sets mode: -b *!*@hide-52A85A6.cvx2-b.ren.dial.ntli.net
                  [03:56] * Greebe sets mode: +b *!*@hide-24A3DF4A.cvx2-c.ren.dial.ntli.net
                  [03:56] * You were kicked by Greebe (Greebe)
                  [03:56] * Attempting to rejoin channel #murc
                  [03:56] * Unable to join channel (address is banned)
                  The plot thickens. Pace's eyes tire. And patience runs out. One and a half of hours of trying to find out what I did wrong. (interspersed by trying to get back into #murc to see if I'll get an answer from there either, but to no avail).

I now retire from duty tonight, see you's tomorrow.
                  Last edited by Pace; 3 January 2003, 21:11.
                  Meet Jasmine.

Comment

Now I see what's amusing...

Comment

I think you are pushing it to far now Greebe!

Comment

Hmm my post was deleted!
                        According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Originally posted by [GDI]Raptor
                          I think you are pushing it to far now Greebe!

http://forums.murc.ws/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38898
                          Mine will probably also be deleted very soon....

Comment

OK folks lets cut out this crap shall we. I deleted Guru's post for reposting something that has been posted several times before and only serves to bring up the trouble that happened before. If you are all going to be hell bent and raking all this up again we are simply going to be back to square one, these forums are not going to serve as a war ground for people's petty little squabbles no matter who they are. If you have a personal problem with another forum member that is your business but keep it off the forums. I am not going to waste my time continually sorting out the petty bloody squabbling of people behaving like children who are old enough to know better. You know how I run these forums, you know what my rules are if you don't like them then go elsewhere. Grow up the lot of you.

Comment

That's fine and well, Ant.

We'd like to know what rules we are violating with regards to the IRC channel?

Pace seems to have violated the "getting a digital video acronym wrong" rule.

I seem to have violated the "joining the channel" rule.

Couldja make things clearer for us, please?

I'm still banned, last time I checked Pace was still banned.

- Gurm

Comment

Working...
                              X