Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new Sound Blaster Audigy DriverPack out

AUD-WEBUP-W2-LB
    Sound Blaster Audigy Driver Pack is now available for download as a single 13MB self-extract zipped file.

This Driver Pack is available for Sound Blaster Audigy owners operating on Windows 2000 or XP operating systems only. The driver contains optimized support for these two operating systems and is designed for use with all current models of Sound Blaster Audigy audio cards (all existing Sound Blaster Audigy Card to SB023x models).

This package supports English, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, French, Dutch, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish.

Features includes:

Drivers are WHQL Certified
    Provides Dolby Digital decoding from external SPDIF Input.
    Speaker settings in Creative Audio Mixer are synchronized with Windows Multimedia setting.
    New presets and effects added
    Fixes:

Reduces excess reverb in MIDI while using software synthesizer
    Removes glitches when playing MIDI using SoundFonts®
    Removes distortion during AC-3 playback
    Performs recording without playback
    Improves multi channel wave file playback
    Hardware acceleration of Open AL.
    Fixed audio distortion and slow start up when resume from standby
    Fixed elevation bug causing muffled sound in some games
    Note:-
    Please ensure that the installation CD must be installed first before running this update.

Shop online at creative.com for Wireless speakers, Bluetooth headphones, Sound Blaster sound cards, Gaming headsets. Free shipping on orders over £79.00

hmm, there's a a queue there but none at http://www.asia.creative.com/support...s/newfiles.asp

Comment

Thanks for both links

Comment

Saw the link for these the other day.

IIRC the core drivers are still version .253 or so.

- Gurm
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Welcome back Gurm.

If the core still is .253... why does Creative even bother releasing it!? >
          P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
          Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
          And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

Witch date is this driver signed (in Windows Device Manager)?

Comment

Re: new Sound Blaster Audigy DriverPack out

Speaker settings in Creative Audio Mixer are synchronized with Windows Multimedia setting.
              What the hell? They weren't before?! I just checked and darn it, they were not! I have always assumed this was true so I have actually never checked

Guess I'll update then
              My system:
              | Athlon XP2600+ 2,4GHz@200FSB| Water Cooled Processor | Samsung 2x256MB PC3200 Ram (400MHz) | Epox 8RDA mb | Hercules FDX Radeon 8500 LE 128MB | Abit Hot Rod DMA/100 RAID controller | 2*20GB IBM and Western 10.2GB @RAID controller | Soundblaster 5.1 Audigy Player | Actima 6x/32x DVD-ROM, Samsung 12x/8x/32x CDRW | Logitech Force Feedback wheel | Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick | 550W water-cooled Q-TEC PSU | 278/278 kbit DSL internet connection | Windows 2000 Pro | My Homepage
              homemade watercooling in use,Pics on the homepage...

no more VIA, no more!

Comment

Since we're talking about Audigy, can someone please help me with this?

The drivers have a checkbox for "Digital Output Only." If it's checked, then the digital output to my speakers works, but my headphones and microphone do not If I uncheck the box, then the headphone/mic are fine, but the speakers are off.

With my SB Live! in the computer, the checkbox is there, but instead of the box doing (digital only/analogs only) it does (digital only/all outputs). Can I get my Audigy to do this? I'm tired of toggling that damn box.
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Wombat:

I'll fiddle and get back to you. But you might get a quicker answer on the 3D Sound Surge forums.

WyWyWyWy:

Yeah, I downloaded these to double-check. Drivers are still .253 core, although a lot of the ancillary bugfixes from the .283 UDA driverset seem to have been incorporated.

- Gurm
                  The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                  I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                  I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
                  X