Blimey it's snowed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blimey it's snowed

So rare these days I ventured into the peak district and got a few photos.
    Attached Files
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Another one
    Attached Files
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

One more
      Attached Files
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I think it's the first time in two years that I driven in snow. I took those photos at Curbar in the peak district and there was surprisingly less snow there than the was in Sheffield.
        I saw a few cars had gone off. Going past one accident the women in front of me slowed to 20mph and then when she came to a hill marked by the police as go slow she gave up and turned round. No problem getting down at all. The hardest part of the journey was getting of the driveway. I did think I was a bit daft risking a crash just for a few photos.
        Funny the car handbook advises you not to drive in water more than four inches deap. The snow between the tracks was deaper than that so the cat should have suffered.
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Dude, you have snow!!!

Haven't seen any REAL snow (ie 1ft at least) since i was 12.
          I have been skiing, i mean here, at home.
          In Gloucester we used to have 1ft at least every year.
          I don't think i've had more than 3cm here....in 16 years.
          Its either too cold, or too warm...
          ;(
          PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
          Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
          +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

We got snow here too, not that much, but more to come, actually it's snowing right now. My poor cat can't decide what to make of it
            Attached Files
            "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

About that driving conditions: yesterday we've had a freezing rain, so it was IMPOSSIBLE to break without the "abs feeling" (and when you've driven a car without it, you've had a feeling that you're going faster when breaking ). When you've seen ~70 km/h in front of you, you've actually was driving...20 And my buddy has achieved to drive through his gate in skid when driving ~5 km/h...without a scratch It was SO slippy...
              Last edited by Nowhere; 3 January 2003, 08:04.

Comment

There have been 3 major snow storms that have passed north or south of my city in the past 2 months, but no snow for Jammrock...I'm sad.
                “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Last year we had snow lying a week very rare nowadays it's depth around 1mm.
                  Don't have ABS so one has to achieve the same effect by foot. Didn't have any problems at all but judging by the tyre tracks a lot did. A lot people were also driving without brains. Cutting corners. I'd have luved to seen how they would have coped if someone had come and they had to break and swerve to avoid a crash. I think it would have been over the edge with them.
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Finally it has snowed here too!!!

Comment

Snowed here too, and it was quite the storm too, woo!
                      Titanium is the new bling!
                      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

yea... snow storm is here. strangely even our SUV slid on the heavy snow. (literally slid in an S shape) all kinds of warnings and beeps were on inside the car.

Comment

poor people. i got snow to me knees, getting snow in my shoes all the time. at the same time, its -10 degrees C. at this time i cant feel my legs. thats winter..:|

Comment

Still snowing here. Luckily we're still on holiday traffic mode, so getting to work wasn't too big a deal.
                            Attached Files
                            Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

too hot 'round here for snow with all them curry houses....
                              The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Working...
                              X