Dead Parhelia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Parhelia

When I booted up my computer today, I was greeted by a plain grey screen...The Parhelia is still recognized by Windows (when I boot up with a PCI card) but by itself it doesn't show anything other than that grey screen...sometimes when i boot up the color varies a little, or there are some vertical lines, but that's it. Could it be a hardware problem or a BIOS problem? I'm out of ideas at the moment, I'll try a BIOS restore and see if it works, but I personally doubt it...suggestions, advice?
    All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

If you want, control the power on your Card. Look at here:

You see four tuerkis points on the picture. The first have 1.86V, the second 2.82V, 3 = 1.27, 4 = 2.73

Normaly the IC's on the Power Circuit 4 blow up.

cu Itchi
    Amd XP 2400+@2300MHZ
    A7n8x / 2*256MB Corsair 3200
    Matrox Parhelia Modded
    Terratec EWX 24/96
    WinTV-DVB-s
    Sony DVD+RW Drive

Comment

Now that you mention that, I actually had a problem with my Parhelia where I booted up one morning and I got loads of screen corruption and then after a reboot everything was fine and has been ever since

Sorry I couldn't help more with your problem lecter and I hope you get it fixed m8

Comment

Thanx for the advice Scratchi, but at the moment I don't have a Voltmeter....how long does the RMA process usually take on something like this?

Comment

Originally posted by 3dfx
          Now that you mention that, I actually had a problem with my Parhelia where I booted up one morning and I got loads of screen corruption and then after a reboot everything was fine and has been ever since
          I have this Problem too. My P can run 4 hours Morrowind, but sometimes, suddenly in 2d, my whole sccren get corrupted. I must easly reboot and evrything is fine again.
          System:
          P III-S 1.4@1.52
          512 MB SDR-Ram
          Gigabyte-6IEML
          Matrox Parhelia

Comment

Well I had two choices at the computer firm today: either go through a long RMA process or take a brand new but bulk Parhelia on the spot. I took the bulk one, so now I'll just flash it at 220/550 and go happily fraggin along later I'll want to try to keep it like my old one@230/600....hope it will work.

Comment

well with a bulk with retail bios hack and no extra mods mine runs stable at 228/595 but putting ram to 600 gets me screen corruption in ut2003 within about 45 minutes. so you should get pretty close to it.
              is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
              Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Working...
              X