New Year's resolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Year's resolution

So it's the time of year wherein people make their "New Year's Resolutions" HA! Stats say that the most likely resolution will be to get in to shape, loose weight, or something on that note. Membership to health clubs will dramaticaly increase. Then suddenly those very same increases will drop off rather dramaticaly in mid to late Febuary. Now the point of this little tirade (hmmm think I spelled that one wrong, like so many others) is that people make resolutions that they already know that they will not keep. This leads to the question why make the resolution in the first palce? The answer: because it sounds good. Well I would just like to throw an idea out there for the general considderation of anyone who reads this. This year let us not make our resolutions until three days hence. Let us instead take three days to, at odd times of the day, think about what it turely is in our lives that we want to change. Let us think of resolutions that are worthy to keep for a full three hundred sixty-five days. Let us also make reasonable resolutions as well, so that we have some hope, and not just a good intention of actually acheving them. At this moment I have no idea what so ever what my resolutions will be, but prehappse in three days I'll have a resolution that is worthy, reasonable, and that I'll actually keep. I wish everyone luck their New Year's Resolutions...

~Sethos
    "...and in the next instant he was one of the deadest men that ever lived." – Mark Twain

I made a NYR years ago not to make another NYR ever again. Till now I stuck with it and I fell fine with this NYR
    Umf

P.S. Does not stop me from making resolutions throughout the year that I do not keep either...
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Uh, I am gonna quit cigarettes this year. Damn sure.

And number 2 is to slow right down the wacky backy.
      It ain't doin shit no more except costing me cash.

Just have to stay off the beer too. (in excess...)

I have one of these "if i'm gonna do it, may as well do it properly".
      Except this is usually used with beer, in excess.
      Ciggies will be easy, the others won't.
      (Too many people who toke round here...)

It is time, anyway. All good things come to an end.

Who else is cleaning out the closet?
      PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
      Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
      +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

My New Years resolution.
        • Get Savings account
        • Save money in savings account every paycheck
        • Pay debts
        • No more taking crap from anyone!!
        • Eat less/healthier
        Titanium is the new bling!
        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I don't quite know what I want to do.

Could loose another 3-5 kilos, ~90 and 1.82m tall. Last year around this time it was ~100, so I've been loosing weight gradually and didn't do much exercise (I'm sort of a lazy guy ), just cut down on red meat, except for Christmas, New Year and Easter when I do eat some pork or sheep meat, traditional dishes and all. Rest of the year it's Byock and fish.

Could try to be more patient, been trying this all my life, but hey, I'm a Libra, patience is not one of our virtues and I'm still rather young
          No more taking crap from anyone!!
          hmm... yes, more like ignore the idiots or be cynical or sarcastic if they're not quite just.

Well, I'm out of ideas, guess I'll just take life as it comes and don't bother to do much planning.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral
            Rest of the year it's Byock and fish.

Yeah, I hear ya, I need to eat better. I eat out way too much.

Other than that, who knows?

Why make a resolution that I will give up.
            "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Working...
            X