Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Booting G400/Win2K with TV-OUT on.

I have just finished building a nice little system similar to:

In Tom's Hardware they opted for an ATI7500 Radeon, but I dug out my old G400-TV that had been lying around for the last couple of years.

This is supposed to be a multimedia-pc, that is preferable only hooked up to a television set. I would like to start the pc with TV-out enebled, so I can use it without fiddling with two displays. That would kind of mess up the living room. Is that directly from the driver properties or will that require some kind of 'hacking' to accomplish?

I am currently using Win2K and Vidtools 2.02 with Display driver 5.39.

I have to admit, that everything looks very fine so far on this Shuttle bare bone system. I am so impressed with all the ingenuity that is put into it. I just hope I dont have to shell out money on a ATI solution due to TV-OUT problem, when the good old G400 has it all.

The answer to my question may be obvious to some of You. If You know, please enlighten me too!

Regards, Morten

flash the BIOS with 'DOS TV-OUT' enabled, in the format you like (PAL or NTSC), and enable CLONE in windows with a monitor hooked up. Afterwards it'll always show image on the TV even without a monitor hooked up. I use one of my G400s in exactly this setup.

Comment

I don't suppose you could expand on the bios flashing.
      I know how to do it, but is there a specific bios to take, or is this just a choice made with the bios flashing utility?

I would like to do this for a G400MAX or G550.

cheers,

jez
      PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
      Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
      +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

it's only possible on a G400.

When you run the windows bios flash utility from Matrox you get the option to enable DOS tv-out.

Comment

I have a g400 Max and I can't have a TV connection ?

Comment

Who won't let you?
            My system:
            | Athlon XP2600+ 2,4GHz@200FSB| Water Cooled Processor | Samsung 2x256MB PC3200 Ram (400MHz) | Epox 8RDA mb | Hercules FDX Radeon 8500 LE 128MB | Abit Hot Rod DMA/100 RAID controller | 2*20GB IBM and Western 10.2GB @RAID controller | Soundblaster 5.1 Audigy Player | Actima 6x/32x DVD-ROM, Samsung 12x/8x/32x CDRW | Logitech Force Feedback wheel | Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick | 550W water-cooled Q-TEC PSU | 278/278 kbit DSL internet connection | Windows 2000 Pro | My Homepage
            homemade watercooling in use,Pics on the homepage...

no more VIA, no more!

Comment

This thread has all the info I think that you will need to get TV-Out on your G400 / 400MAX on ur secondary head...

Good Luck!
              Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
              MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
              Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
              Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

Working...
              X