LSX, Matrox tools and DVDit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSX, Matrox tools and DVDit

I realize that I don't know enough to know what I don't know.. if you follow me..
    RT2500, Matrox tools 3.1.0.2127b, Premiere 6.1, Windows 2000 SP2, DVDit 2.5 and LSX-MPEG LE, 1:20 DV project

A few months ago, I made a DVD with DVDit!, and it worked fine. Now I'm lost. I'm using wrong formats, I guess. Originally, I though that I had used MPEG 2. When this recent try didn't work, I loaded an old movie file, and message said to reset for MPEG1, which is what I must of used originally. Anyway, this time I tried LSX-MPEG LE, spent over 4 1/2 hours encoding. When I tried import into DVDit, it said I needed headers for GOP. After more reading, I went back to LSX and couldn't find. More reading, possibly not available in LE edition? (per help file: LSX-MPEG-2 DVD Assets NTSC)

So, on to what I thought I did the first time when it worked:
    Save Web -> Cleaner EZ -> DVD-ROM -> High End -> DVD-ROM -> Quick Time (since mpeg didn't work before and it says: 'used for DVD-ROM and kiosk..")
    Codec: Sorenson.
    After 13 and 1/2 hours, DVDit says: I need to upgrade to use this file.
    So, now I have 2 files, neither will work, 17 hours wasted, one frustrated 'newbie'.
    Am I stuck with 2 worthless files? Do I have to upgrade? Should I just buy another DVD authoring software?
    Before I spend another 13 hours encoding, what settings should I use? I read things about single avi file, putting encoded project on video drive, and such, but I'm still lost. Kind of like an Indy race car driver, who doesn't know where the gas cap is..
    Sorry if this is old ground. If it is, point me to where I can read more, or offer help.
    Thanks
    steve
    Video Settings
    Compressor: Microsoft DV (NTSC)
    Frame Size: 720 x 480
    Pixel Aspect Ratio: D1/DV NTSC (0.9)
    Frame Rate: 29.97
    Depth: Millions, Quality: 100%

Audio Settings
    Rate: 48000, Format 16 - Stereo

------------------
    PC BrandName= Custom
    PC Model= na
    Motherboard= intel 850
    Processor= P4 1.9 GHz
    Ram= RDRAM 1GB
    OS Type= 2000 pro

May have resolved by export-movie and loading the bottom option, LSX something or other ;-)
    Am encoding now, will see in 6 or 7 hours.
    steve

Comment

That failed, but I found the solution. I used the IBP export for Premiere and applied a formula given to me by a helpful forum member.
      (600 / video length) -(Audio Bit rate 1.6 ms/s) = encode bit rate
      In my case 600/80 min (7.5) minus 1.6 = 5.9 bit rate
      I set the rate in advance options to 5.
      Worked fine. The method I refered to in the previous post made the project too big for the DVD, since I couldn't adjust the bit rate.
      steve

Comment

Working...
      X