Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you believe in ESP?

Why? What do you think of it?
    Have never had any "encounter" with an Esper or an ESP situation?
    Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

I've been around too long and seen to much not to believe that something is working through channels not yet defined by science, though I have no idea what.

Yes, I've been present for many such occurances including what most would classify as poltergeist activity.

My training and education says this was impossible, but when it happens right in front of half a dozen people, half of which ended up ducking flying objects....

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 29 December 2002, 14:45.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

We understand almost nothing about how the brain works. I've seen a couple friends who have that whole "twin knowledge" thing going, and it's scary.

Science is just now starting to begin rudimentary understanding of brainwaves: we've already seen a lot of EM-type potential there.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I use to love reading about esp and the like. Most everything you find is bullshit and is the stuff of tabloids, but I do believe there is plenty out there and in here that we do not know.

What does everyone think of John Edwards?

Comment

He's good. Good at what? I don't know. If he really is a psychic, I think he's doing exactly what psychics should be doing: reaching out to as many people as possible. NOT being Miss Cleo.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

This is very true. He isn't irritating at least. I still remember the time walking out of a Wal-Mart/Mars, etc . . . shopping center and having some gypsy lady walk up to me and tell me that there are some important things she can tell me. Maybe if I'm lucky she'll curse me with a soul.

Comment

I'm feeling a B in this area of the audience, a name starting with B over here. Bobby, Bill, something.

I have a Brother named Quincy that died!

Wow yes that's exactly what I was looking for.

Comment

He does tend to act like he is wearing some sort of ear-piece. I'd love to take some sort of small receiver and record the EM radiation in the room looking fore signals.

Comment

John Edwards is nothing more than the old tent-show mind reader with a new setup.

Dr. Mordrid
                  Dr. Mordrid
                  ----------------------------
                  An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I believe in ESP as well and in premonitions aka "deja vu" as I have those experiences often after dreaming about it

The most astonishing episode for me was having dreamt of a house and as I approach it 2 kids come running around the corner into me.....imagine the surprise as I see my best friend's new house for the first time and watch it ALL play out as in my dream a month or 2 before........
                    Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

it's possible.

Comment

I've had empathic experiences with a few people (and even felt waves of extreme jealousy and upset-ness coming from my cat when I brought another cat into the house ) I wouldn't call it mind reading, but it was close.. more like emotion reading. It wasn't based upon an intellectual summation of what I thought they were feeling either.. somehow their feelings were being directly communicated to me. This only happened with certain people/animals and usually only when the emotion was very strong.

Comment

Ok, anything is possible. There is some way, some how, some form, or some fashion of doing something. So called psychotics today, oh sorry psychics, are about as psychic as my bird eating pellets. There are people who have the ability to read minds, move objects, do things you wouldn't think possible, but Miss Cleo, grow up, your using a set of circumstances that are finite. I used to sell 8 x 10 printouts of the story of your name. I'm sure most of you have heard about it. In the 2 years of operating in a very busy enviroment. I'd say that it would fit about 95% of the people. These so called Psychotics use the same theory and expound upon it, now yes 5% of the people are going to be outraged, but 95% of them will be shocked at some of the things that these people come up with and they will believe these psychotherapists.

If you have a gift, praise god, more power to you as long as you use it for good, but if you have a problem, or want to see the future, PRAY, it isn't gonna hurt ya, your supposed to do it in private, so no one will see you. Hey you never know, it might help.

Peace Out People.
                          Peace Out.

WORLD PEACE

Think IT. Live IT. Be IT.

<a href="http://bellsouthpwp.net/L/i/Liquid-Memory/fearit/index.htm">F.E.A.R. IT</a>
                          Free Enterprise About Reality

Comment

Here is something to boggle your brain.

When I was growing up, we had a lamp shaped like a horse head
                            with a shade on top. When we would turn on the TV, the lamp
                            would start rocking side to side, about an inch each way, so it
                            was pretty noticable. It did this for 7 years. We thought that
                            the TV warming up caused a draft and it would hit the lamp
                            shade and cause it to rock. Sounds like a plausible explanation.
                            It did to us anyways and we shook it off, kinda made you feel like you were on a boat and the room was rocking. Anyways, on the 7th year our family went to a big carnival and I had gotten a helium ballon with the prism colors on it and wanted to hang it next to the rocking lamp, make like a disco room. Sounded cool, well when I turned on the TV, the lamp started rocking and the balloon was just as still as could be, my mom even moved the ballon around, under over, anywhere she could tie it off so that the lamp shade wouldn't knock into the balloon and yet the balloon stayed still. Friends would come over to witness this, now that I think back, I should of charged admission. One of my moms dearest friends Jean came over to see this, and she is very heavy into the psychic, card readings and that kind of stuff. She suggested we have a seance, did I spell that right, oh well. So we gathered up the people who had witnessed this miracle, and who believed in spirits and we conducted a seance. We placed the lamp on a big table and turned it on, and sure enough it started to rock, we had never even thought of moving it off the TV to see if it did it, we thought it was the TV causing it. Not 10 seconds into us holding hands around the table, the lamp rose off the table about 6 inches, spun around about 5 times and smashed onto the table top, breaking it into 5 pieces, no fragments or dust, as it was made from plaster base. My mom glued it back together with no sign of any cracks, being a Black lacquer horse figure, it was really difficult for the people that saw it break apart look like a brand new out of the box lamp, and we still have it today and have not seen it once move.

That is a true story. As may god strike me down and send me to hell. Revelation 22:15
                            Peace Out.

WORLD PEACE

Think IT. Live IT. Be IT.

<a href="http://bellsouthpwp.net/L/i/Liquid-Memory/fearit/index.htm">F.E.A.R. IT</a>
                            Free Enterprise About Reality

Comment

Believe in ESP ?
                              Why not, everything's possible.

I'm with Dil on the dreaming premonition thing. Also get those from time to time and can happen the next day or within the next weeks, months, rarely over 6 months, never over a year (or maybe I just forget about it by then ).
                              It's somewhat "fun" that you can dream parts of your life that are yet to happen but it's also bloody scarry and makes you question if the concept of free will is real and everything is not preordained.

Comment

Working...
                              X