• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retail Parhelia for sale!

I'm offloading my Parhelia. It's a fine card:

* Straight from Matrox
    * Clocked at 220 from the factory
    * Retail: I have the original box, and all cables and CD

I could take and post pictures of it on request.

Asking: US$250 OBO, plus whatever it costs me to ship.
    Last edited by Wombat; 29 December 2002, 15:02.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

What's in the box.
    Attached Files
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

The card.
      Attached Files

Comment

How's the "banding" on this board? Pretty mild? None? Lots?
        A few computers, some with Matrox stuff...I'll add details later.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlesWA
          How's the "banding" on this board? Pretty mild? None? Lots?
          Wombat, what are your reasons for selling it? Have you made any mods to your P? I really want one, and what better one than one from a BB? But I want the above questions answered first before I make a bid.
          Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
          MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
          Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
          Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

I responded to Charles eariler through PM, but I'll just answer it here publically. Yes, the card exhibits banding. I haven't seen any other Parhelia cards, so I don't know if you'd call it bad. It does weird things, like not show up in WC3, except for the cut scenes (odd, eh?). Then again, if the card didn't have any banding, I'd probably be asking for $400 for it (why gamble with buying from Matrox when you can get the sure thing from somebody?).

I'm selling the card for a couple of reasons, like:
            * The second computer I'm building has gone from full-fledged machine to file server, so I'm just going to put my G450 in there.
            * I can't spare the money for a couple more monitors at this time.

I'm just not using the card to the fullest.

Oh, the card is completely stock, no mods, no signs of wear. If you swished it around in some alcohol to shine it up, it would be indistinguishable from a brand new one.

Comment

Working...
            X