X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parhelia milkdrop/dvd multimonitor fullscreen

hi there,

i am new to this forum and have a question:

i was wondering, if someone has experiences with parhelia and winamp/milkdrop in multi-monitor/ dual-monitor + videobeamer configs? has anyone tried this?

and in addition to that: dvd-output fullscreen to a scnd monitor/beamer with parhelia? (which should be less of a problem)

(but a good player-software for that would be a nice hint)

because this is exactly what i want to do... ;-)

i am also trying to decide wether the parhelia would be a good choice, for other multimonitor-tasks. but i am quite sure concerning this already, but i find very little regarding parhelia and milkdrop (tried searching)

it would be great, if you could drop me some lines about your experiences :O)

thanks a lot

cheers

usagi
    ...the failure can be random; however, when it does occur, it is catastrophic and is repeatable... [Cisco Field Notice]

Tested Winamp with Milkdrop. In Single-monitor-mode Milkdrop runs very very good! (In 1280x1024x32@85 Milkdrop run around 60fps! )
    Multimonitor worked not correct because Milkdrop is only on the "primary" Display. Don´t tested Milkdrop in Surround Mode, but I will do it this evening!

The TV-Output is very good!!! but at the moment you shouldn´t go higher then 800x600x32 in the Clone-Mode with Milkdrop!

PS: Wir können uns auch gerne in Deutsch unterhalten! *g*
    Last edited by Hawk; 30 December 2002, 05:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk
      Tested Winamp with Milkdrop. In Single-monitor-mode Milkdrop runs very very good! (In 1280x1024x32@85 Milkdrop run around 60fps! )
      Multimonitor worked not correct because Milkdrop is only on the "primary" Display. Don´t tested Milkdrop in Surround Mode, but I will do it this evening!

The TV-Output is very good!!! but at the moment you shouldn´t go higher then 800x600x32 in the Clone-Mode with Milkdrop!

PS: Wir können uns auch gerne in Deutsch unterhalten! *g*
      great, thx a lot ) his is very helpful.

i requested auth wth icq - when you have the time, lets icq on that - save time )

kind regards
      ...the failure can be random; however, when it does occur, it is catastrophic and is repeatable... [Cisco Field Notice]

Comment

Give me your ICQ-NO, that will help to make the contact faster!
        atm i don´t have a System Notice about "you"!

Comment

Suround mode will not work

Got tested Trible-Head-Mode with Milkdrop 1.3, but Milkdrop make an Error!

Milkdrop Error:
          Error creating D3D Device (error #88760082)

In Milkdrop Options you can change the DisplayDriver an the Resolutions (and much more), but no Setup works with Trible-Head-Mode. I hope they will fix this in the next version of Milkdrop! (MILKDROP FOR PRESIDENT! )
          The Dual-Head screetched mode will not work too! Or are the Matroxdrivers not compatible with Milkdrop in Dual-Head ot Trible-Head? (don´t know it)

Any other Setup (Clone-Mode on TV or Monitor) will work fine with milkdrop.

Comment

thats bad news - in a way ;o)

i really looked forward to see milkdrop perform in this manner...

...but i've read nothing about (or heared of) tv output-functionality.

that sounds interesting ) - could that be done with parhelia?

i've read about clone-mode though. ) does that mean, that the system desktop is duplicated to a tv or 2nd monitor? - ... thinking about it - that might be acceptable )

would you mind, giving me a short description of that pls?

is this a feature of the parhelia drivers?

- if you have the time, would you mind to include some system/ version info?

os= winxp or win2k?
            driverversion parhelia drivers/ winamp/ milkdrop and patch level/ sp?

i know, that thats quite a bit...
            but you can do already, the exact same thing, that i would wish to do ;o) *amazed*

that seems rare, since no one else seems to know?
            are we the only ones - of our kind?
            ...- well, realisticly it seems to be more of a finding problem. ;o)

anyway - would you mind helping me a bit? - to get an idea of the setup?

thx a lot

regards
            frank

Comment

>Give me your ICQ-NO, that will help to make the contact faster!
              >atm i don´t have a System Notice about "you"!
              *hm* i sent out an request for that number. got anything?
              the name in icq is R.C.Hawk?

i could try again?
              thx

regards
              frank

btw *best wishes for 2003* )

Comment

>i've read about clone-mode though. ) does that mean, that the
                >system desktop is duplicated to a tv or 2nd monitor? - ...
                >thinking about it - that might be acceptable )

... i've run milkdrop all-on-top and in desktop mode - with a black active desktop in win2k and the transparent color in milkdrop set to black ) - i think these are standard uses - right?

with a little graphics this-and-that on the system colors that looks quite good )

but i worry about the beamer a bit - have you used one?

thx again )

Comment

another idea, i could clone the system by doubling it signalwise after output of the graphics hardware? via splitter/boosterbox? would that be an idea?

it would be interesting to know what you would think of that ?

but there could be a beamer issue too - *sigh* )

regards

Comment

screenshot

can't capture md in this mode, but this is what the *black system* looks like. you have to imagine milkdrop (

[IMG] http://www.halena.de/images/md_shine_800.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

I wish i could use a beamer (loveit), but i don´t know where i can get one!
                      Think i a must ask some friends!

"... i've run milkdrop all-on-top and in desktop mode - with a black active desktop in win2k and the transparent color in milkdrop set to black ) - i think these are standard uses - right? " -> don´t use this setup! in 1280x1024x32 i only can get 0,7fps!!! So i think in 800x600x32 the frames won´t get higher!!
                      Only in Fullscreen you can get high and acceptable fps! Use Clone Mode or Independence-Mode to watch Milkdrop! Do it the same way (Monitor+TV)

Don´t use the Splitterbox! you will loose much quality!!!

Again my ICQ: "68322689" name: [R.C.]Hawk

You better search for my number an add me!
                      Last edited by Hawk; 31 December 2002, 06:43.

Comment

tried icq again - didn't help...

anyway, found your profile in the details.

its too much too write, i'll phone you up in the next days if thats ok?

i stick to english as its the *forum language*

aber ich kann auch deutsch )

ps.: ich hab wa 2.65 *du bist aktueller* version md? *me: 0.99e* ) - 1280*1024 mit ati 8m 3drage pro turbo an einem 21" SUN GDM fidxed-freguency @70hz [ich kann dir sagen, das war ein geroedel], 2. waere ein belinea 19" auch 1280, aber das ging eben mit ner elsa winner 2000 *was anderes hatt ich nicht mehr* nicht ) na mal sehen....

Comment

Originally posted by usagi
                          tried icq again - didn't help...

anyway, found your profile in the details.

its too much too write, i'll phone you up in the next days if thats ok?

i stick to english as its the *forum language*

aber ich kann auch deutsch )

ps.: ich hab wa 2.65 *du bist aktueller* version md? *me: 0.99e* ) - 1280*1024 mit ati 8m 3drage pro turbo an einem 21" SUN GDM fidxed-freguency @70hz [ich kann dir sagen, das war ein geroedel], 2. waere ein belinea 19" auch 1280, aber das ging eben mit ner elsa winner 2000 *was anderes hatt ich nicht mehr* nicht ) na mal sehen....
                          btw: 0.7 fps?? ich hab ja mit dem schrott da oben auf 1280 noch zw 5~10 manchmal mehr - aber mit heavy fummelei

da stimmt doch was nich....

*wunder*

Comment

usagi, I just have to ask, where did the nick come from?

Dan
                            Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

@usagi:
                              wenn du mich anrufen willst, frag in einer PM nach meiner Nummer!

Zu meinen 0,7fps!
                              Liegt daran das ich Dual-Head fahre! (2x 1280x1024x32)

Ich gehe recht in der Annahme das du eine Parhelia hast und wir beide genau das selbe wollen was Mildrop betrifft.
                              Ich habe seit langem schon Milkdrop am laufen. Die beste Möglichkeit stellt wiegesagt der Clone-Mode bzw. Dual-head (monitor+TV) dar um Milkdrop flüssig dargestellt zu bekommen. Leider ist der Sekundäre Monitor (besser wäre Output) langesamer als der Primäre, deswegen solltest du nicht mit hohen auflösungen arbeiten! Hab schon alles mögliche gemacht.
                              Da du es ja auf TV bzw. Beamer ausgeben willst, sind auflösungen höher als 800x600 sowieso unnötig!

Das Problem mit dem DesktopMode:
                              Das Problem ist, das der Transparente Modus tierisch frießt, vor allem bei hohen auflösungen! Dazu kommt noch Milkdrop, der auch noch ordentlich Hardware schlugt wenn er so richtig loslegt!

Wenn du folgendes Brauchst: Primäre Anzeige mit windows Desktop + TV-Out an Beamer nur für Milkdrop, dann empfehle ich dir auf jeden Fall die MOnitor+TV-Out option in den Matrox-Treibern!

Ich selber nehme Videoclips direkt aus spielen (BF1942, etc.) auf. dazu stecke ich den TV-Out einfach an einen PC mit entsprechender Videohardware! So habe ich es auch mit Milkdrop gemacht! Und ich sage dir, das auf einem Beamer: YEHAAAA!

ist echt bissel viel zu reden! solltest mich doch mal anrufen!

Gruß, Hawk
                              Schick mir mal deine ICQ-Nummer per Private Message, vll schaff ich dich ja zu adden!

Forum Language: ENGLISCH!
                              I know that, so we just should write in english!
                              Last edited by Hawk; 31 December 2002, 12:12.

Comment

Working...
                              X