Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Techniques used in demo (maks and letters)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Techniques used in demo (maks and letters)

Hi there, I hope you can help me achieve the effect i want.

I have taken some footage footage, tinted the colour and slightly blurred it. I want large letters scrolling across the screen (the website address) only the inside of the letters to reveal the colour footage underneath.

I hope that make sense. I have seen it many times in demos, even the original rtx100 one but i cant seem to get my head around to doing it. too much turkey i guess.
    Im asuming its down to clever use of filters and masks

any help would be appreicated

Thanks, Colin B
    Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

Hi Colin if I understand correctly you would like the underlying video to show through the inside of certain letters e.g. the center of an " o " or part of " b" etc. Using a graphics prog Cool 3d ,photoshop,etc . Change the color of the area you wish to be transparent. use a color different than the background and different than the lettrs or shadow .Then import to msp , put it in overlay track apply the moving path and apply overlay options
    then on the left overlay clip screen click on the different color adjust the similarity if necessary.
    smitty

Comment

Hi thanks.

That is the type of effect i want to acheive.

Someone at the matrox RTX forum sent me here

there is a tutorial on such a thing using track mattes which exlpained how to do the effect i wanted.

Tho your method will be used when i want to keep the shadows on

Thanks for your help

its nice to know that even over the holiday season people on the board are still going out of there way to help each other out

Thanks again
      Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

Comment

Good link
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

sorry missed seeing you were using rtx100
          smitty

Comment

Working...
          X