X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US deployment to middle east....

From the Navy;

The following aircraft carrier battle groups; each of which consists of a carrier, its air assaut groups, light and heavy cruisers, destroyers, attack submarines etc.;

USS George Washington (just came home Dec. 20th)

USS Harry S Truman (just left France)

USS Constellation (already in the Gulf)

The following Amphibious Ready Groups (3 ships each + 2,000 Marines, helicopters and Harrier jump jets. The only ships larger are full carriers);

USS Nassau

USS Tarawa

Medical;

USS Comfort, a 1,000 bed hospital ship

Available if necessary;

USS Abraham Lincoln (carrier group now in Australia)

USS Theodore R Roosevelt (carrier group)

USS Kitty Hawk (carrier group now in Japan)

From the Air Force;

Some units in the Air Force's Air Combat Command have received orders to deploy within the next 12 days.

This deployment will include F-15E Strike Eagles from Seymour-Johnson AFB in North Carolina, F-15C fighter-bombers, A-10 Warthog tank killers, F-16's, B-1 & B-52 heavy bombers and AWACS (Airborne Warning and Control System).

The B-52s will be deployed to Diego Garcia, a British airbase in the Indian Ocean. B-2 Stealth heavy bombers from Whiteman Air Force Base in Missouri are not being deployed at this time.

This isn't unusual since the B-2's are likely to leave the day things start with a full bomb load. Once this payload is deliverd then they'll continue on to their basing assignment at Diego Garcia for refitting and more missions.

Other Air Force bases that have received deployment orders are;

Ellsworth AFB in South Dakota
    Moody AFB in Georgia
    Langley AFB in Virginia
    Nellis AFB in Nevada (closely associated with Area 51, so God knows what's coming from there )

An additional 25,000 troops have also been ordered to deploy, bringing the total to over 80,000 of the 250,000 that are expected to be there soon. The remainder will be called up and deployed shortly after the new year.

If the word is given I guess they plan on no delay being involved

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 27 December 2002, 19:47.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

link plz

or something stating you are posting DISinformation for the Taliwhackers to find

-Dil (PUI)
    Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Check FOX, CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, Washington Post or any of the major US news sites.

It's all there....and all over the U.S. TV NEWS channels....but some sites have edited to include one part and another site includes some other part. I just assembled it from those sources.

Any way you cut it this is a major mobilization.

Dr. Mordrid
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 27 December 2002, 22:21.
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Hell Doc, it's only Iraq for god sakes, With this kind of armamont, you would think they are after half the planet!

Cheers,
        Elie

Comment

Addendum:

They're also calling up the US's reserve units. These include Air National Guard, Coast Guard, Military Police units (the one near us is mobilizing) various ground force and support units.

Major elements of the regular Army ground and armored forces are already there with more mobilizing from Fort Benning Georgia and other southeastern US Army bases.

Marines from the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force, based at Camp Pendleton California, are also likely to be deployed

Elie,

Just remember that there may be other stops in this road show before it's all over. In chess you first position your pieces then....

Also: that 25,000 troop deployment today is roughly equal to Canada's entire army

As far as the sources go, remember that the number of troops/material there varies from news agency to news agency;

MSNBC breaking news and the latest news for today. Get daily news from local news reporters and world news updates with live audio & video from our team.

Among many others.....

Dr. Mordrid
          Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 27 December 2002, 23:02.
          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

1st Armored Division and 1st Infantry Division in Germany are also being put on call for mobilization.
            Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

The US Army's ENTIRE 3rd Infantry Division (Mechanized w/20,000 troops) is being deployed from Fort Stewart, Georgia to the middle east.

The 3rd Divisions 2nd Brigade (mechanized w/3000 troops) is already in Kuwait.

This is the "Marne" division that often was commanded by Gen. George Patton during WW-II and cut through Europe like a hot knife.

Reports say that before it's over there will be over 7 full armored divisions, both US and other nations, will be involved.

Dr. Mordrid
              Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 31 December 2002, 11:54.
              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Sorry for hijacking the thread Doc.

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
                This is the "Marne" division that was commanded by Gen. George Patton during WW-II and cut through Europe like a hot knife.
                By that time there wasn't much of Europe left to cut through though.

BTW, impressive...do you think they will deal Iran directly after Iraq...

Comment

Nah, not really. I don't think military force is the solution to Iran. The populace is young, and seeks change. They've elected what I consider to be a very moderate, progressive president. The problem they have right now is that the clerics reserve absolute power for themselves. Those guys will either have to back down, die out, or be deposed by their own people.
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                    Nah, not really. I don't think military force is the solution to Iran. The populace is young, and seeks change. They've elected what I consider to be a very moderate, progressive president. The problem they have right now is that the clerics reserve absolute power for themselves. Those guys will either have to back down, die out, or be deposed by their own people.
                    Excaticly...they are having the same problem they did when the got rid of the Shah...same corrupt goverment and the people are fed up.

If things keep going the way they are the "Axis of Evil" might not be around this time next year.
                    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Originally posted by Elie
                      Hell Doc, it's only Iraq for god sakes, With this kind of armamont, you would think they are after half the planet!
                      The US doesn't do Viet Nam any more.
                      War effort will always get the "Overwhelming Force" treatment.

Greater force = fewer casualties on our side at the cost of only money.

chuck
                      Chuck
                      秋音的爸爸

Comment

Yup.

The US learned a big lesson after VietNam: go in with overwhelming force instead of screwing around. That's why Gulf War 1 went so fast and why Gulf Ware II will go even faster.

Just remember that in GW-I only 10% of our munitions were "smart". Now that's more like 90+% and they are more like "brilliant" munitions in that they can hit (well) within a 30' radius of their target using secure GPS. Some say it's more like 6'.

Add to that the decisions also been made to bring in a large contingent of armed Predators (2 Hellfires each) from Nellis AFB (close to Area 51) and things should be interesting over there.

Makes you wonder if more than just the Predators are coming out of that place....

Iran:

Dying out is more like it. A huge percentage of the Iranian mullahs are ancient, though the younger ones may have to have the Romanian Solution applied to them for insurance sake

Dr. Mordrid
                        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 31 December 2002, 13:38.
                        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I know they don't have long left to live, but they have gotten more aggressive in the past couple of years, shutting down newspapers and such.
                          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Yeah....but then there are those undergound movments that show how outdated they are in that society.

I'm thinking of the Victorias Secret and Fredericks of Hollywood clones springing up all around Teheran & the larger cities. Now we at least know what's under those Iranian burkas

Dr. Mordrid
                            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 31 December 2002, 17:18.
                            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Iran has massively (for it!) increased its nuclear weapons programme, placing an order for a Russian Nuclear reactor, since that stupid 'axis of evil' speach......

RedRed
                              Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

Working...
                              X