2nd try Plz. give a hint Marvel G400 Win XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd try Plz. give a hint Marvel G400 Win XP

I've installed Win2K driver for the card (5.82).
    I found a file called mvt204wise and installed including the registry update.
    I can launch videotools now and get a preview of the vid-signal but without the record option.
    All capture proggies like ulead capture or XP movie maker claim there is a prob with the driver.
    Please, help! Thank you in advance

Bernd Stoeckl
    Regards

Bernd Stoeckl

Did you try all these .....

Video Drivers 5.86 (5.86.032) ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/mga/archiv...02/2kxp_586.exe

VT version vt_210a (2.10.010a) ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/mga/archiv...001/vt_210a.exe

MV-vtools-2.10.010a-eng-2K-XP (disables macrovision) http://forums.murc.ws/attac...=&postid=233142

rr update for 2.10.010a.zip (patches for XP) http://trancexx.myip.org/matrox/sof...r 2.10.010a.zip

PICVideo MJPEG Codec Loaded ftp://ftp.pictools.com/picvideo/PICVIDEO2.EXE

HUFFYUY2 Codec Loaded http://math.berkeley.edu/~benrg/huffyuv.html

yuy2w2k.exe loaded to enabled or disable YUY2 if needed http://digitalvideo.8m.net/yuy2w2k.zip

Comment

could you put your site online again please?
      wanna grab rr update for 2.10.010a.zip

thx

Comment

@job - No but most of your links did not work at all. Matrox FTP says no such file, weblinks are down. Thank you for your support indeed. Where did you find this marvelous drivers at least not on the MURC site available.
        Regards

Bernd Stoeckl

Comment

Xixor,

Programs like MovieMaker require WDM drivers, where the Marvel uses VideoForWindows drivers. The vidtools will probably work if you capture using a 3rd party VfW capture tool like AVI_IO or VirtualDub.
          The record button in PC-VCR does not work with Vidtool 2.04 because MJPEG capture is no longer available with these vidtools because of instability problems in W2K and XP.

landrover
          -Off the beaten path I reign-

At Home:

Asus P4P800-E Deluxe / P4-E 3.0Ghz
          2 GB PC3200 DDR RAM
          Matrox Parhelia 128
          Terratec Cynergy 600 TV/Radio
          Maxtor 80GB OS and Apps
          Maxtor 300 GB for video
          Plextor PX-755a DVD-R/W DL
          Win XP Pro

At work:
          Avid Newscutter Adrenaline.
          Avid Unity Media Network.

Comment

The record button is present and it works with VideoTools 2.04 (leaked), but it is unstable.
            I am using this VT, but I do capture with AVI_IO and PIC Video.
            PICVideo has its weakness too, but it is stable and captures high qual video in W2K/SP2
            Forget Win XP with Marvel G400.

Fred H
            Last edited by Fred H; 2 January 2003, 11:02.
            It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
            ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Another try of a dummy

OK here's what I run or ran and it's not working:

Current set-up:
              ABIT BE6, P3-1Ghz, Fujitsu Harddisk 40GB 30M/sec transferrate
              Matrox Marvel G400 German version
              Bios 2.1 TVO b21
              Driver 5.82.019
              VT 2.10.a
              Proggies: Ulead Media Studio 6.5, Virtual Dub, Ulead Movie factory

Virtual Dub tells me that the driver might not be installed properly and that it's not able to find any other capturing device.

Video Capture of Ulead is "loading capturing device" and then crashes my system to the bones so I get a nice blue screen and a reboot.

Ulead Movie factory started ones reports an error and is too shy to start even again.

Here's what I tried so far:
              Driver 5.39 did not work stable for me, strange buttons and crashes.
              Videotools 2.04WISE did not crash the system but created messages on Ulead "capturing device in use by another system or not installed correct"
              I have also installed the MJEPG patch and I ran the reg patches.

I uninstalled the VTs several times, I removed the complete Matrox drivers with the Matrox utility and tried to install the XP originals however then XP always found 2! videocards one of which had to be disabled.

This is the strange thing! In the very beginning I had a short period of success about 1 hour where I could capture even in MPEG-2 with the card however not in full resolution. One hour later nothing worked any longer.

Why the hell do the drivers work on some systems and on others not? Some report flawless installation and capture.

Would you recommend to download the G450eTV drivers and to try with a patched inf somebody recommend?
              Resp. do you uninstall the former version of the Matrox drivers with the Matrox utility or the XP system? Or do you just install over the old one?

Final question of a Video Dummy. If it would run, could I use the video-in port to capture in real-time MPEG-2 (not using the ZORAN chip) with my system or is this impossible or to slow for it.

Thanks for all of your suggestions.

Regards

Bernd Stoeckl

Comment

Add to the error list in XP:
                -If you capture/edit/play a PAL video clip, then XP randomly switches to NTSC and you'll (I mean I... ) get a hell to reset PowerDesk to PAL.
                -If you try to switch the Dual Head on/off in PD, you (I... ) can't.
                -Etc, etc...
                My solution:
                Do not combine Marvel G400 with the d**n Win XP
                I am running W2K/SP2. And I AM glad with them.

Fred H
                It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
                ------------------------------------------------

Comment

As long as you use an MPEG2 capture app that will work with VfW drivers, you should be able to do realtime MPEG2 capturing. I have captured both MPEG-1 and -2 with MSP6 in the past.

I don´t know why some people have so many problems and others no problems at all. Very few people even managed to get vidtools 2.04 installed with Matrox´s Installshield version.

Always use the Matrox uninstall utility to uninstall your Matrox software. That´s what it´s designed for.

landrover
                  Last edited by landrover; 3 January 2003, 02:27.

At Home:

2 GB PC3200 DDR RAM
                  Matrox Parhelia 128
                  Maxtor 80GB OS and Apps
                  Maxtor 300 GB for video
                  Win XP Pro

At work:

Comment

OK here's the latest update. Uninstalled VT 2.10 and reinstalled VT 2.o4
                    Result virtual dub is able to do a preview and to capture without compression which is resulting in files of 500M/sec and dropped frames. Compression is refused.
                    My prob is how can I even capture with a software MPEG-2 even if I would if I can't even get a preview window in Ulead because of the message "capture driver not installed correctly".
                    Regards

Bernd Stoeckl

Comment

See the e-mail I sent you.

landrover

At Home:

2 GB PC3200 DDR RAM
                      Matrox Parhelia 128
                      Maxtor 80GB OS and Apps
                      Maxtor 300 GB for video
                      Win XP Pro

At work:

Comment

Well as amatter I fact I got all the links...

from this forum - I figured your lack of success in replies was 'cause there is a lot of information on his subject on this board and everyone is getting a little passe about it....

Here's the posting by black88mx6

K:\H Files Drive\Temp\MURC Forums - Success with RR-G and G400Max Combo with Windows XP.htm

Comment

Partial success

OK here's the latest update. I've installed the ß-drivers 5.88.056 with the original inf file, though I am not sure if it changes really a lot as the vid driver reports to be 5.12.01.1880. However now I can run the VT 2.10 without crash and I can capture in MPEG-2, tells me it uses LIGOS codec. Quality however is awful drops often up to 50% of frames.
                          MPEG-1 is sometimes working sometimes not. Mostly I get a message that the input Source format is mismatching. It is shown to be 704x576. For this reason the LIGOS encoder also refuses to accept anything than "individuel" output formats. It complains also about wrong input when I try to choose set formats such as a SVCD in PAL. Capture in all other codecs MPEG-4 e.g. results in unacceptable quality.
                          Regards

Bernd Stoeckl

Comment

Working...
                          X