How to do best Hi-8 capture with RR ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to do best Hi-8 capture with RR ?

How to do a good capture with SVHS or Hi-8 quality ?
    Resolution ? Compression ? Which codec to choose ? Which Capture software to choose ?
    I'm a beginner in that way...
    I have a powerfull PC : PIII700-2X HD30Gb 7200/U66 with FT66 in stripping mode, Mystic G200 + RR.

Thanks.

Sylvain.

If you have S-Video(Y/C)-out on your camcorder, use it! Depending on the length of your project, the most efficient way to capture your video with the best quality is with the hardware M-JPEG codec on your card, at full resolution and full quality, selectable in your capture application, NLE capture module, or PC-VCR Remote.

If you want better quality you can *fix* the raw video capabilities of the Marvel series by installing HuffYUV and then either use Virtual Dub or AVI_IO to capture your video.

I haven't tried this yet because you need big, fast HDDs for the job which I don't have at the moment : ( Your drives could be up to the job though...

To find out more, do a search here on the software just mentioned.

All the best with it!

[This message has been edited by Frank Marshall (edited 19 August 2000).]
    Intel TuC3 1.4 | 512MB SDRAM | AOpen AX6BC BX/ZX440 | Matrox Marvel G200 | SoundBlaster Live! Value | 12G/40G | Pioneer DVR-108 | 2 x 17" CRTs

Comment

Thanks for your help, but it seems more complicated.
      I have try HuffYUV with AVI_IO, the capture seems to be good, but I can't playback the AVI without jerk.
      I have just posted a new messages resuming my questions and problem titled "Guide for beginners"
      Is there difference between Marvel G200 or G400 and Mystic with RRg in option ?

Thanks

- Sylvain

Comment

Working...
      X