Via 1 - 0 Sis 648

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Via 1 - 0 Sis 648

Last night my brand new Epox 4dsa5+ switched itself off never to come back again. No nice pop no smell off burning nothing hot just plain nothing. I was hoping it was the power supply since I had the board three days but on refitting my Old Epox Athlon motherboard it powered up striaght away.
    So either the cpu gone belly up, P4 2.26B or the motherboard has gone belly up all they've both gone.
    Overclockers suggested I test the cpu in another board and I just said I'll ship it back to you as bought it from you anyway. I didn't fancy taking out my other machine as well.
    Now I'll just have to wait.
    The PIT buys another lemon.

Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Don't you mean the 4SDA5+?

At any rate you can't put up a title implying VIA vs. SiS based on what happend as it's likely unrelated to chipset type.

Ex: I had two Gigabyte boards fail in recent months, but neither due to the chipset as each fried a RAM socket trace. One was a VIA KT-333 and the other an AMD 761.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I was being tongue in cheek. Yes it was the 4sda5+.
      Could be the CPU yet you never know.
      Can remember a machine at work that died. Diagnosed faulty motherboard. A replacement came and still as dead as dodo. Two faulty motherboards.
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

and you had a enough powerfull PSU ?
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

430 Watt Enermax. It's the other pc I've got that giving voltage warnings and I think thats got a 550 watt model in it.
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Strange....
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

It's strange that when I go into the bios it says theres no error.
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Did you try reloading the BIOS defaults and setting it up again?

Dr. Mordrid
                Dr. Mordrid
                ----------------------------
                An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
                  I was being tongue in cheek. Yes it was the 4sda5+.
                  Could be the CPU yet you never know.
                  Can remember a machine at work that died. Diagnosed faulty motherboard. A replacement came and still as dead as dodo. Two faulty motherboards.
                  same here... Soltek P4 mobo... 2 dead MBs, two replacements. One works, the other has the same problem as day one. If I leave it off the mains long enough it will boot again though... changed everything in the PC...still does it...that's 3 boards out of 12...a bit high for a return rate

Comment

Now that is odd. TP you have the worst luck with Lemons.
                    "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Had to put it in the sig after zokes said I attracted lemons.
                      Back to my noist Athlon rig at least it drowns out the noisy kids next door.
                      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Was that cpu overclocked? I've been reading a lot about P4s dying really quickly when run even with just a minor overclock... seems they can't take any stress.
                        I got my amd cpus all cranked way up with high voltage and everything and the suckers won't die

Comment

Well the fsb was running at 139 mhz which isn't a lot over at standard fsb. If I remember correctly wasn't cranking up the voltage that caused the P4 to die. The CPU was running at standard voltage and the last time I checked around 50c at most.
                          Last edited by The PIT; 28 December 2002, 08:16.
                          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Just been notified by email that they're sending a board back. haven't said whats wrong with it though.
                            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                            X