Frame Sizes / Resolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame Sizes / Resolution

Can someone please point me to a web site detailing the resolutions of all popular broadcast methods (PAL/VHS/Hi8 etc etc) and the appropriate resolutions to capture in so as not to loose any information but not to waste a heap of space on pixels not actualy usefull?

Thanx a heap! (I've been looking everywhere for this info!)

LiFe.

Sorry, I can't actually help you with such a website but I can suggest that you use the highest capture resolutions possible. It seems that nothing will be wasted in doing so. When making MPEGs for example, it's better to capture at full resolution and then resize to CIF resolution later. At Kyong's MPEG creation website,
    http://members.xoom.com/ksong1222/

...there was an interesting example comparing captures at CIF res with full screen captures that were subsequently reduced to CIF res. The difference was certainly noticeable!

Just the same, I'm no expert so don't take these findings as gospel. I hope someone else here can add more to your thread.

Cheers!
    Intel TuC3 1.4 | 512MB SDRAM | AOpen AX6BC BX/ZX440 | Matrox Marvel G200 | SoundBlaster Live! Value | 12G/40G | Pioneer DVR-108 | 2 x 17" CRTs

Comment

Working...
    X