DVDMAX: no automatic switch on overlay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVDMAX: no automatic switch on overlay

Is there a possibility to enable DVDMAX manually ? My PC is connected to a TV only, i don't use a monitor at all.

Matrox's software switches to DVDMAX automatically on video overlay. Although i have a hotkey in order to go back to Clone mode this is particularly annoying with software that uses my TV tuner. Basically i have to go back to Clone mode each time i start the TV application before i can select the channel i want. Is not there a way to prevent this ?

I know that in some resolutions (such as 800X600) i can stretch the desktop till it fills my TV screen (I have a G400 which allows me to watch videos in Clonemode alternatively). Unfortunately i still want to use DVDMAX because i have a much better picture with the latter. I just don't want DVDMAX to start automatically when i start a video.

Any idea ?

Use pdeskcmd utility in SYSTEM32\PDESK folder, it has /DVDMax:ON|OFF command-line argument. Works fine for me, also I use it to workaround "RGB sync on boot problem" in Win XP.
    There is some article in Matrox FAQs about this.

Comment

Thanks a lot. After your suggestion (pdeskcmd) i was able to create a workaround.

Originally i wanted to have complete control over DVDMAX (enabling/disabling it when needed) rather than "automatic DVDMAX when overlay is detected". Pdeskcmd provides this kind of functionality but the only problem is that you have to create two shortcuts: one in order to enable DVDMAX and another if you want to disable it. Not really convenient if you ask me so i created a little program which uses pdeskcmd and toggles between "on" and "off" automatically. With a freeware utility i created a hotkey which launches the application and allows me to disable or enable DVDMAX easily. No more automatic DVDmax on overlay for me

I have no problem giving out the source code if there is a request from those who can put their hands on Borland Builder C++ runtime libraries. Thanks a lot concerning the "pdeskcmd.exe idea".

Comment

Working...
      X