Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird problems with oldish chaintech 440x mobo

1 - Power Management/ACPI failure.
    i've done clean formats, installed win2k pro again, and still nothing. PM and ACPI are enabled in the bios, but i can't standby or hibernate (they just don't appear in 2k, even in the Control panel/power tab)...only thing i can think of is maybe the STANDBY wire on the LED part of my mobo is loose/needs flipping?

2 - IDE primary and slave dual-boot problem.
    i'm trying to acheive a dual-boot setup with win2k installed on both of my two HDs.

the first install works fine, whether i install it on the master HD or the slave. BUT the second install seems to sabotage the existing one, because when i've finished it and try to access the old install in boat loader, it loads for a split second and says 'There was an error in your Hard Disc configuration, please check it blahblah'.

both my HDs are registered as LBA in the bios...coul d this be the problem? please help.

ALSO: does anyone know of any good bios/post editors for mobos? I disabled the show-ide-on-boot-up, and other things - but i don't know how to get them back.aaagh.
    If you have a DVD of 'Wall Street' then message me.

How about flashing to the latest BIOS ?
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

i did (ages ago). no good. aghhh
      If you have a DVD of 'Wall Street' then message me.

Comment

Working...
      X