Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marvel G200 Win98 ECS K7S5A and Lockups!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel G200 Win98 ECS K7S5A and Lockups!

Hi All,
    Hope one of you can help me out. I have a dual boot system with Windows 98 and windows 2000 with a Marvel G200. I'm using 6.28 driver and 1.55 vid tools.

When I open the TV my system locks up. This worked fine before I upgraded my system to an ECS K7S5A and 1000 Ghz Duron. However now I can't get it to work in W98. I've downloaded and isntalled the latest drivers for the motherboard.

I was trying to utilize dual boot with Win98 to do my video captures and editing and use win2000 for my daily work.

also, Media Studio Pro 5.2 doesn't work with this configuration either. Video editor locks up.

I've reformated the partition and reinstalled everything several times. In addition I tried older drivers and vid tools with no success. I am using the bult in audio and video.

Any Ideas what's wrong?

Here's my System
    ECS K7S5A motherboard using built in audio and Lan
    Duron 1000
    256 Crucial SDRAM memory
    40 and 80 GB Maxtor hdd (7200)
    Diamond Dual UW SCSI card
    Pioneer SCSI DVD
    Yamaha SCSI 4x4x16 CDRW
    Lite-on 40X IDE CDRW
    SCSI Zip 100mb

Thanks,
    Pigseye

Can you give some details on this motherboard? If it is VIA-based, you're probably out of luck.
    Resistance is futile - Microborg will assimilate you.

Comment

No, this is one of those highly-praised SIS boards. Well, at least here they get high praise.

BTW, did you re-install windows after changing mobo's? Just changing drivers is not recommended, after changing mobo always do a complete re-install.

J-kun

Comment

Yes, I did reinstall windows 98. In fact I did it a couple of times.

Am I using the wrong drivers and vid tools? Are there some AMD patches or drivers I need?

Thanks,
        pigseye

Comment

I am using that very board and dual boot win98/win2k. It runs very stable but does have some compatibility problems. For instance it would not boot with a creative modem installed. However my Pinnacle DV500 works like a champ and that is one picky piece of hardware.

DJ

Comment

If I were a computer I woudn't boot with Creative hardware in me either

Dr. Mordrid
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I do recall from others & reviews that this board is _really_ picky about the memory used in it. Maybe try anotehr brand stick?

J-kun

Comment

I am not a creative fan either and it was not my modem.

DJ

Comment

Per Memory are you running it Async 100\133 cpu mem
                  from other forums the board has problems dealing with async mem acess, its in the bios but

Comment

Hmm... we nearly have the same hardware:
                    Marvel G200, Win98, K7S6A, 256MB Crucial PC2100 RAM

The only driver + video tool combination that is stable for me is 5.41 and 1.54. Can't remember what other combinations the exact details of why the other combinations didn't work.

Another distant possibility:
                    The only time it locks up on me when opening TV is if I do it soon after I turn on my computer. Like the BOB has to warm up for half an hour before it'll work. Don't know if this is a common issue or just me (it occurred with an older mobo too). Have you tried it after using it a while after booting/restarting the system?
                    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
                    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Thanks Guys,
                      I'll try your suggestions. I think my memory is setup up to run async.

I'll also try the earlier versions of drivers and vid tools.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

thanks,
                      Pigseye

Comment

That did it Tnt!

Thanks it seems to be working. I'm going to try and load media studio pro.

Thanks again,
                        Pigseye

Comment

Working...
                        X