Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creative 41.80 video drivers for nVidia (DX9 compatible?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative 41.80 video drivers for nVidia (DX9 compatible?)

Usually I don't install drivers from other manufacturers, don't even install the ones from Leadtek, just go for the generic nVidia detonators, but Creative Labs Europe seems to have the first DirectX 9 compatible drivers out (for 9x/ME, 2k/XP and NT).
    Warp2Search has a set of mirrors, also links to Creative's page.
    (the mirrors didn't work for me, managed to get them from Creative)
    Their full version is 6.14.1.4180 (win2k/xp) - making them the first DX9 compliant drivers (?) as previous drivers' full versions were 6.13.1.4xxx. The DXDiag app in DirectX 9 also says it supports DDI 9 - whereas 41.09 for example only showed them as supporting DDI 8...
    3DMark performance dropped ~100 points when I installed DirectX 9 (with 41.09 drivers) and another 500 when I installed these drivers, though game performance seems to be the same.
    I might've well stayed on DX 8.1 and 41.09 drivers

Wich card do you have ?
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Leadtek GF3 Ti200. Look closely.

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid
        Wich card do you have ?
        It's in the sig! The GF2 and 3 did not benefit from the 4x.xx drivers so you could just as well use the 38.xx series! BTW a 100 point drop or increase in nVidiot mark shoul not be "blamed" on the drivers! I't could just as well drop a couple of 100 points becouse off a fragmented hd!
        According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

I didn't blame the 100 points (actually more like 150) "loss" on the drivers, I blamed it on DirectX 9. And I just defragmented my hdd this weekend .
          41.09, DX 8.1b vs 41.09, DX 9
          The "big loss" (another ~500) was with DX 9 and the Creative 41.80 drivers vs 41.09, DX 9.
          But that doesn't matter, maybe it's just that the drivers are optimized for Creative cards and I shouldn't be using them on my Leadtek.

I didn't start this thread to bitch about my 3DMark score, more like to say that DX 9 drivers from Creative are out, if anyone's interested. Made a short introduction and at the end posted my results.

Comment

So what's the point of installing DX9 drivers on DX8 hardware?

BTW, DX9-compatible just says that they are compatible with DX9, i.e. they don't crash. If you look at it this way, even the old pre-Detonator drivers are DX9-"compatible"
            But we named the *dog* Indiana...
            My System
            2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
            German ATI-forum

Comment

It's debatable if there is any advantage. If your stuff works don't bother. In my case though it did fix a massive resource leak in Startrek Armada II for me.

Comment

Drivers still not listed on http://www.nvidiasucks.com/ s (Try the link ) ftp site ftp://205.158.109.140/
                According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Modified drivers, witch do not show your vid. card as a Creative but as a normal Geforce 4 ti for example:

PS have not tried them myself!

Comment

OIh and while I'm @ it a could comment on drivers found on the futuremark forums!

Jesus Christ, guys. It's not like a driver install is going to KILL your system or make it have a core breach or anything. Installing drivers is not as unreversible as trying to uninstall dx9 Why ask OTHER PEOPLE if you should KEEP the drivers because YOU lost 15 fps on nature? Are you even using your HEAD or are you being a blind sheep? It amazes me how some people here are just totally asine....

You installed the drivers. They're on your system. If they werent, then asking for others feedback is fine, but if you already have them on, well... stop running nature 50 times and go TEST IT IN YOUR FREAKING GAMES, for crying out loud !!! Make sure all your games work ! No artifacts, no flashing polys, no CTD's, no infinte loops... If you're happy with your performance in something that's NOT a *gasp* benchmark, then keep them. Or go cry about your 15 fps nature loss and go back to your old drivers.

If a driver release causes your nature score (BENCHmark guys, not a game) to drop, while improving stability, making game xxx run better, without stutters, what are you going to do? Now if UT2003 drops from 60 fps average to 40 fps, then you have something to worry about.

The only person who can be the judge on if YOU should keep drivers, after seeing a slight lowering on a synthetic benchmark, is *you*.

Comment

Working...
                    X