Wchich memory is the BEST?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wchich memory is the BEST?

So finally I'm upgrading ram (been using winXP with 128 mb 'no name' - call me masochist :P ).
    I want to buy 512 mb of sdram for MSI K7T Turbo 2 (via kt133a) running 133fsb (athlonXP 1700). This time although I'm not going the cheap way - only the best possible (I really want CL2 AND stability). And I have 3 vendors to choose from:
    1) Crucial
    2) Infineon
    3)Kingston

The question is: wchich one is absolutely BEST ???

Comment

I've really only used Crucial, so I can only comment on them. So far, all the modules I have bought from them works flawlessly (for me) and accepts some acceptable overclocking when required. DDR2100, 2700, SDRAM 100, 133 all works fine.

J1NG

Comment

Crucial might be a tad expensive in Europe. If so, Infineon is quite good as well. I know dZeus has used that a lot as a cheaper alternative to Crucial.

Kingston RAM is over priced and not that great for gamers (read: overclockers). I would avoid them if possible.

Jammrock
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Micron/Crucial. I never saw Crucial brand in local stores. However I'm running happy on a BX with 2x256 Micron PC133CAS2.

Those brands are all good so unless you're overclocking it doesn't matter.

Make sure you get CAS2 since it makes a notable difference.

Comment

I am usinbg Crucial. And after a year of using bad ram this one is WAY better!! Infineon is pretty solid too.
            Titanium is the new bling!
            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I like Crucial friendly helpful support unless you get the grumpy cow I got which I think was a one off. I've had one stick fail out of six and they replaced it in three days.
              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Avoid Kingston. Crucial is very good, Infineon would be my second choice.
                "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Crucial. And I don´t think it´s expensive, buying online and shipping from UK to Portugal costs like 5-10% more than a stick of generic crap around here. Got from them 2 DDR 256Mb PC2100 and a 128 Mb SODIMM for my Compuke laptop.

Comment

I'd say Crucial #1 with Infineon/Samsung tying for 2nd
                    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

0.0001 second to decide. Crucial.

wait... http://www.crucial.com/store/partspe...CTV9700P128A28

they make R9700??? cool

Comment

Mushkin...
                        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Mushkin...
                          Happy with mine

Well, for that matter we can throw in Corsair, but Crucial has a good price.

Comment

Corsair, but crucial if not.
                            PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
                            Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
                            +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

*DEPENDS*
                              what you want to do with it...

-Corsair if you want to O/C, but be ready to pay a lot for them
                              -Crucial, excellent overall
                              -Apacer, idem Crucial but usually better at O/C and often cheaper
                              -any big brand RAM (brand on brand, not brand on third as you never know the quality of the module). rule of thumb: anything with lifetime warranty is usually the most troublefree. try to stay away from cheap RAM, it'll save you a lot of BSOD...

Comment

Working...
                              X