Local MP supplies phone number to remove Stolen cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local MP supplies phone number to remove Stolen cars

Whoah a way to circumnavigate the disintersted police. We don't get alot where I live yet but we certainly will do in a few years time. Where my friend lives not very far away it tends to be one or two a week so I'll pass the number on.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Is this related to the case in the newsapaper recently where a damaged car has left in front of someones drive for the past 6 weeks preventing them access. When they called the police to complain, they were told that because the car hasnt been reported as missing and because it was on a public highway, there wasnt much they could do. Any attempt at moving the car was considered tampering and was a criminal offence. They werent even given the contact details of the cars owner.

Regards MD
    Interests include:
    Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Err nope but we had several things as stupid. Funny I thought police could remove cars if they're causing an obstruction.

1) Car gets dumped on the main road and under the main railway line from Sheffield. Number plates removed it's also blocking the bus lane. The car is there for two weeks so I report it to the local cop shop a mile away. Basically they didn't want to know even though if it was torched (Very likely) it would be a hazard to the main railway line. I left the police station wondering why I bothered but they did move it a day later.

2) A stolen car gets dumped against my friends house with Petrol can in the back. Rang the police up and there response was "so what". The police came as my friend was preparing to move the car as the thiefs had returned during the act of phoning and had left the car in the middle of the road blocking it. Luckily the policeman wasn't looking for an easy arrest.

The best way to get a stolen car removed is too torch it it then gets removed striaght away as it's then considered a danger.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
      X