GPL work with latest G series beta?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPL work with latest G series beta?

I'm using Win2K with a G400Max and I found that 5.86 caused Grand Prix Legends to generate a garbled mess (running with Papy's D3D driver). I went back to the 5.84's and all was well again so it definitely seems to be the drivers causing the problems

Anyways, anyone already successfully running the beta 5.88's with GPL on Win2K? I don't usually run beta versions unless they list what has been fixed/changed and of course Matrox driver developers have been getting quite useless at that over the months.

TIA!
    Cheers, Reckless

5.88's OGL and D3D are completely broken... you can always try 5.87 tho (it's on their FTP server and unfortunately i don't think the OGL ICD gets undated in that release)

Comment

Hi Reckless,

I'm running W2K, and GPL is the only game that I play. I installed 5.86 and regretted it immediately.

Unfortunately, against all good practice principles, I put the 5.88 beta drivers on after I'd installed dx9, so can't say if the beta drivers on their own will fix the problem.

All is back to normal, pretty much, and I use the d3d patch, as I've never found the OGL stuff works for me.

Barry

Comment

Thx for the update BarryS!
        Cheers, Reckless

Comment

Working...
        X