450 etv editing footage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 450 etv editing footage

I looking for an easier way to edit my mpeg2 704 x 576 footage when i have recorded with the pcvcr.

videostudio 4 bundled is still awaiting the update and it doesn't seem that is going to happen.

I need to go out at the same res or find a way to capture at 720 x 576

any ideas

thanks

I'm a little confused at what you're asking here. You can't capture 720x576 with g450etv, it only does 704xXXX.

I would use avi_io to capture using huffyuv or PICVideo codec. Editing will be much easier and reliable than using MPEG-2 compression, in addition final quality will be much higher.
    - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

sorry, i'll explain
      i simply need to be able to edit the mpeg2 file that i have captured using g450etv and render in a format for recording on to dvd. As you are aware the streaming mpeg2 format and resolution is non standard.

i can create a correct dvd mpeg by seperating the audio with premiere and using dvd2avi to frame serve my unedited movie in tmpenc but editing first is the problem -

i can't find a way to get the same quality - premiere does not handle the mpeg2 files well at all and the quality of the mpeg2 output option in media studio pro is no were near as good as what can be achieved by frame serving in tmpenc.

I've tried using avi-io as suggested but the file size is massive 800mb for 30 secs. Also i get horizontal lines when anything moves.

any ideas ?

Comment

Working...
      X