Oopps.....2.2GB File - Cant open....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oopps.....2.2GB File - Cant open....

I have a video survellaince system I just setup at home and am capturing using Virtual Dub at 1 frame a second....

Got 8 hours of video but unfortunately the file is 2.2GB...and windows media player cant open it. Neither can I import it into premiere of open with virtual dub.

Is there any way I can view the file - even if I snip it half etc....I would like to view someting very important on the file if possible....

TIA

Are you using Win9x? If so then you're limited to 2 gig files. A split may work, but at the cost of losing the later portions of the file. There are numerous file splitting tools on the download sites.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I have XP....

But am running 98SE at the moment.

Been holding off from XP until I get the Virtual Dub, MJPEG thingy sorted out with my RRG and G400 Dually.....

Could possibly setup a Win2000Pro dual boot just to see the file I guess....would this work?

Setup a Dual Boot Partiion, NTFS it and then install 2000Pro dual or XP Dual and boot into that.

Comment

A dualboot is a viable alternative, but it may or may not help you with this particular file. The problem is it may be corrupted. Try it and see.

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I'd like to try the AVI splitter....

if that's possible....

I could just snip off the last 200MB - pretty sure there's nothing on there I'd like to look at.

Conversley - I thought I had it setup to segment the AVI's at 1900MB but it didnt do it. Probably 'cause I'm using compatability mode since the video signal form the survelance cam is not compliant and wont allow the basic capture mode. Recall reading this somewhere in the help files.

Got any links to freeware snip proggies for AVI's - I've got MPEG1 and MPEG2 snippers, but not AVI snippers.

Comment

try vcdhelp.com or doom9.net

Comment

Working...
            X