MatroxG400 and no Tv-out?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MatroxG400 and no Tv-out?!

I have Matrox G400 32mb and I wonder can I connect my computer(PC) to Television.
    I'd like to watch movies (DivX) on television.
    I don't want to use DVD-rom.
    I can't find anywhere any Tv-out on my computer's back!
    Where does it is (tv-out) ?
    I thought that it is at the back of computer..

PS: Sorry my bad english, 14 years old n00b Finnish kid..

I have MatroxG400 and I can't find Tv-out ! Where is it = )

...and does Matrox G400 MAX have tv-out?

Comment

if the card has 2 monitor connectors then it supports dualhead (some versions only had single head), in which an adapter cable is required to use the tv-out feature.
      Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

thanks for your quick reply! But hei, I got an adapter with that card, and that adapter have 2out plugs (do you call them plugs?) and 1in thing (plug? =) . Does that mean that I have "DualHead"?

Comment

I got an adapter with my card. And that adapter have 2out plugs, and 1in thing (plug). Does it mean that I have "DualHead"?

Comment

Do you have two monitor out on the back of the card? If so then a dualhead. Then connect the adapter cable to the second, and use the yellow plug(svhs) to connect to your tv..

James.

Mater tua criceta fuit, et pater tuo redoluit bacarum sambucus.

Comment

uuh... So hard (for me =) questions..
              NOO!!! I got only 1

Comment

If the card came with an adapter, then it's likely you have dualhead. To verify just do as James suggested.

Check the manual above for details on setup.

You will have to then setup matrox powerdesk to use the tv-out feature

Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Thank you so much! Any other comments? Everything welcome

Comment

hmmm someone beat me to it..
                    Mater tua criceta fuit, et pater tuo redoluit bacarum sambucus.

Comment

Comment

There is one thing not cþear for me. I will carry my pc to another room (I cant move my 19 inch sony around) and I will connect my pc to the TV. Will I be able to boot my PC into Windows XP and see my desktop on the Television set ? or do I need a monitor connection all the time ?

I have a dual head g400 max

Comment

This thread has all the info I think that you will need to get TV-Out on your G400 / 400MAX on ur secondary head...

Good Luck!
                          Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
                          MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
                          Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
                          Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

Working...
                          X